Anyone with VB Ver 4.2 forum software using the additional "Mobile Style" for Smart Phones?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Copeland
    • May 2000

Anyone with VB Ver 4.2 forum software using the additional "Mobile Style" for Smart Phones?

We have Version 4 as a forum, and we are getting some of our members using their Smart Phones who has issues.

Without purchasing anything more than the current forum software we have, we were informed of the following:

1) Go to your Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager. A Mobile Style should be listed, make sure it is checked so that users can switch to it if they want.

2) Also go to Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Language & Style Options, there are two options to set a default style for old and new mobile devices, you may want to set one or both to the built in mobile style, this will make the mobile style automatically load when a mobile user is on a mobile browser.

3) You should also show the quick style selector, if it is turned off enable it from the same set of options.

Question:

Does anyone else have any experience with using the above VB instructions to enable members to more effectively use their Smart Phones on our forum? I am a novice, and some of the items I have read seem that not all Smart Phones are "smart".

David

DAVID COPELAND
    Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
    Celebrating 22 Years with VB
  • th3gr3aton3
    • Oct 2009

I thought it used media queries to determine whether or not to use the mobile style. I use it on my forum but I have modified it.

Comment

• David Copeland
      • May 2000

Originally posted by th3gr3aton3
      I thought it used media queries to determine whether or not to use the mobile style. I use it on my forum but I have modified it.
      Did you proceed with the following?

1) Go to your Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager. A Mobile Style should be listed, make sure it is checked so that users can switch to it if they want.

2) Also go to Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Language & Style Options, there are two options to set a default style for old and new mobile devices, you may want to set one or both to the built in mobile style, this will make the mobile style automatically load when a mobile user is on a mobile browser.

3) You should also show the quick style selector, if it is turned off enable it from the same set of options.

DAVID COPELAND
      Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
      Celebrating 22 Years with VB

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...