• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sweeps78
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.7.x

[CMS] How do I disable articles but keep the CMS Layout Functionality

Hi,

Without custom fields, the articles feature is pretty much useless to us, but we still want to try using the built in CMS and widgets. I want to create a homepage with widgets for the most recent forum posts and an RSS feed from an outside blog, both of which are native widgets to the CMS.

How do I disable the articles system but keep the CMS Layout functionality?
  • reefland
    • Sep 2000

Just don't create any articles in the section you're using as your homepage.
    sigpic
    Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

• sweeps78
      • Aug 2006
      • 3.7.x

Thanks but even if I remove all the articles, sections, categories, etc., there are still two things that show up on the homepage (see highlighted areas in attached image)

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	3685890

Comment

• sweeps78
        • Aug 2006
        • 3.7.x

I am not a fan of bumping threads at all, but I haven't had a response for two days so I have little choice Can someone help me out regarding this issue?

Comment

• reefland
          • Sep 2000

Edit the vbcms_content_section_page template. This is where the title (should be easy to find near the top) is located. You can also remove the raw content tag near the bottom.

I'm not sure where the create article drop down is but just remove permissions for any usergroup to create content and that will remove it.
          sigpic
          Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...