Redirecting non existing page

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreshFroot_
    replied
    Or you can KEEP vBSEO for now and use the fixes I have made.

I think DB Tech has a good mode, but it's VERY early in development.

My advise would be to keep vBSEO for the next year or two till a better solution comes out.

Maybe vB5 in the next 2 years will have some form of method to port over/redirect urls from the vBSEO format to the vB5 format.

If not there are other boards like XenForo that port/redirect the urls too. And, there is support provided for it on their forums too.

Leave a comment:

• RichieBoy67
    replied
    Thanks Wayne, you have always been one of the good ones around here. I don't really think SEO is important anyhow and search engines are moving away from it. It is all about content and social sharing. Plus, I don't generally use mods that plaster their links on my home page or make me pay to remove them. Right now in fine with vBulletin mod rewrite urls but for some reason my Facebook button isn't showing, I can't get sharing going with pinterst or Facebook or even twitter. Perhaps it is a server issue not I haven't changed anything recently. I am clueless.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Dragonbyte Tech has a new SEO product. You might check it out to see if it can do what you need.

Leave a comment:

• RichieBoy67
    replied
    I agree that Vbseo is no longer needed and I would go so far as to say even seo friendly urls do not do not much if anything these days. Unfortunately I installed Vbseo when it was useful and if they wanted to make improvements on it they could have kept it useful by adding features. The bottom line is there are thousands stuck having to remove this software. I cannot even imagine the damage this is going to do to my serps.

Leave a comment:

• donald1234
    replied
    There are two email addresses on the database error form that you could try. I think that modern forums like 4&5 have good enough mod rewrite making vbseo a bit unneccessary.

Leave a comment:

• RichieBoy67
    replied
    Well I would really hope and expect they would make an announcement and at least support their customers while we are forced to remove thier product. It is a shame that it is set up to rely on their server. If their site goes down than ours have problems. I have been using it for a while but I would expect a refund at this point if only for the trouble including the money lost by losing all of my indexed urls. This is really going to be a nightmare for me and my members and it will cost me money.. If they are closed down then this was not the way to do it.

I do hope someone files a class action lawsuit. There are many who recently purchased and are noit getting any support at all. I am hopeful though that this is just an issue and the site will be back up.

Leave a comment:

• donald1234
    replied
    I think it is safe to assume that they are gone for good now as it's been on the cards for a while, ironically this is the only page that works http://www.vbseo.com/purchase/ but if you click on "buy" you find that they haven't renewed their ssl cert either as you get a not trusted warning and if you go beyond that it's a database error.

Leave a comment:

• RichieBoy67
    replied
    Losing all my indexed urls will kill us. Not to mention we have hundreds if not thousands of internal urls pointing to various threads, etc. The site goes back to 2005. This is unacceptable.

Does anyone know if and when Vbseo will be back up? Have gotten a database error since yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• donald1234
    replied
    Just remove all the vbseo files from your server inc the .htaccess file but you will lose all your indexed url's in the search engines. It's a real problem.

I stopped using VBSEO some time ago, but I'd left it disabled. Some time later I uninstalled it. I noticed that many files were left that were reported from the file versions too in diagnostics, so I went

Leave a comment:

• RichieBoy67
    replied
    I plan on it but thier site is down now and I cannot even see the uninstall instructions. I do not want to lose all of my serps. I am so upset right now with them. I never thought they would just disappear.

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied

Originally posted by RichieBoy67
    At this pointy I am thinking about just removing Vbseo all together.
    That will be the best solution.

Leave a comment:

• RichieBoy67
    replied
    Really appreciate the help but that was not the answer I was hoping for. I have a bunch of these urls that need redirecting. At this point I am thinking about just removing Vbseo all together. I understand this is not a Vbulletin issue but support is lacking at Vbseo and right now the site is down which is causing even more issues.

As always Wayne you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks
    Last edited by RichieBoy67; Fri 25 Oct '13, 5:55am.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    This will probably require custom coding to parse the URL and rebuild it for the proper redirection though you might be able to find someone who can craft a regex to build the new URL with. Unfortunately, this is outside of our support and we don't have the resources to help fix this for you. I recommend using your old vBSEO urls until you find help to code a reworking of them.

Leave a comment:

• RichieBoy67
    started a topic [Forum] Redirecting non existing page

Redirecting non existing page

Hi everyone,

I planned on asking this at Vbseo but it is down now.

I have some urls that no longer exist but still get many hits. I want to redirect them to the matching existing urls.I tried the standard htaccess redirects already and I do not understand the Vbseo redirect system at all.

I posted this as part of another thread but I really need the help so I think it deserves its own thread..

This is very confusing to me. This is the Vbseo redirect system. I really wish I had cpanel instalead of Plesk..

RewriteRule ^f([0-9]+)/index([0-9]+)\.html$ vbseo.php?vbseourl=forumdisplay.php&f=$1&page=$2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^f([0-9]+)/$ vbseo.php?vbseourl=forumdisplay.php&f=$1 [L]

RewriteRule ^f[0-9]+/[^/]+-([0-9]+)/index([0-9]+)\.html$ vbseo.php?vbseourl=showthread.php&t=$1&page=$2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^f[0-9]+/[^/]+-([0-9]+)/$ vbseo.php?vbseourl=showthread.php&t=$1 [L]

All I want is to redirect PHP Code:
    PHP Code:
    http://musclemecca.com/mecca-bodybuilding-discussion-news-226/creators-pre-contest-2010-a-217021/index10.html 

To
    PHP Code:
    PHP Code:
    http://musclemecca.com/f226/creator-s-pre-contest-2010-a-217021/ 

I cannot do it with standard htaccess rewrites..

Thanks!!

Richie

I also tried this

Options +FollowSymlinks
    RewriteEngine on
    rewriterule ^mecca-bodybuilding-discussion-news-226/creators-pre-contest-2010-a-217021/index10.html(.*)$ http://musclemecca.com/f226/creator-s-pre-contest-2010-a-217021/$1 [r=301,nc]
    Last edited by RichieBoy67; Thu 24 Oct '13, 3:05pm.