ok im slow at this but im having issues trying to log on as the admin

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PSr
    • Sep 2008

[Forum] ok im slow at this but im having issues trying to log on as the admin

I can log on as admin on the board however i can not get in to the admin control panel. it brings up a sign on screen like normal i sign on with my user name and password and then it acts like it is going to the control panel then it asks for the sign on again and it does this over and over with out letting me in.. Can you help. I seen one guy was told to replace the admin files I did that and still no luck. so some one showed some code and i have looked threw mine and didnt see any thing abnormal here is my index admin file is there something wrong in this that is not allowing me to sign on? or am i looking in the wrong place
    Last edited by Zachery; Tue 28 Feb '12, 8:19pm.
  • punchbowl
    • Nov 2006
    • 4.0.x

it's probably the path or cookie path set incorrectly. open a ticket and they'll give you instructions on uploading tools.php and fixing it.

Comment

• Ace
      • Apr 2004
      • 4.2.X

It's really not a good idea to post your license number (or full vBulletin file contents) in public.
      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• PSr
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Ace
        It's really not a good idea to post your license number (or full vBulletin file contents) in public.
        Why???
        if you can take it then take it. Im sick and tired of this crap!!!! i spent 12 hours dealing with this stupid board. only to have at the end of the day. they will not allow me to open a ticket because they say im not supported what ever that means. So im sure they will want me to buy another board again!!! and that crap is not going to happen. I deleted every thing off the server and reinstalled a fresh copy and still no luck..... i made this thread back in November and still have never received any HElP what so ever. I contacted the V bullitan people and that lead no where and they wouldn't help at all.... Im beginning to think that it is all a scam. Im $$$$ out the window 12 hours today alone invested not counting the manny atempts to try and figure it out my self over the last 6 months

Comment

• PSr
          • Sep 2008

So yea I'm past pissed about this. So could give 2 *Y^^ less if some one steels my info.

Comment

• Ace
            • Apr 2004
            • 4.2.X

Fair enough. You are not allowed to distribute vbulletin code. That includes posting full file contents in public.

*edit* as the code you posted clearly stated on line 3 or 4.

Maybe calm down a little bit, and learn to read.
            Last edited by Ace; Tue 28 Feb '12, 9:18pm.
            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Ace
              • Apr 2004
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by PSr
              they will not allow me to open a ticket because they say im not supported what ever that means. I contacted the V bullitan people and that lead no where and they wouldn't help at all....
              So, you are running an expired 3.x license and cannot upgrade your site to a supported version?
              Originally posted by PSr
              Im beginning to think that it is all a scam. Im $$$$ out the window 12 hours today alone invested not counting the manny atempts to try and figure it out my self over the last 6 months
              Those $$$ out the window would have been way better spent on upgrading your license. You'd then have support, plus be able to run a supported version.

Of course, it's much more fun to rant on here, amiright?

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

It looks like you've got a database error page, you should be getting emails about what the database error is about if your config file has the tech email set correctly.

We don't really know whats wrong with your board without knowing what the database error is.

You seem to imply that your forum was running earlier today, what did you do right before the database error page came up?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...