How do I show latest N posts on external site?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svsanchez
    • Aug 2011
    • 4.1.x

How do I show latest N posts on external site?

Hello, my forum is a very important part of my website, but it's only a little part of it, so I would like to show the latest N posts on all my website pages, maybe with an iframe in order to drive more traffic from all my visitors who haven't noticed the forum. How can I do this?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can use the external data provider. It can provide results in Javascript (not JSON), RSS 0.92, and RSS 2.0 and XML formats.

You can turn it on and set its options under Settings -> Options -> External Data Provider. You can call it by calling external.php?type=RSS on your site. You would need to parse it on the other end though.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• svsanchez
      • Aug 2011
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      You can use the external data provider. It can provide results in Javascript (not JSON), RSS 0.92, and RSS 2.0 and XML formats.

You can turn it on and set its options under Settings -> Options -> External Data Provider. You can call it by calling external.php?type=RSS on your site. You would need to parse it on the other end though.
      Hello Wayne, thank you for your reply. I tried what you suggested and this only shows me the latest threads that have been posted which is not very engaging, what I would like is to show the latests POSTS like they appear on the sidebar (a smaller version of the activity stream) so that the avatars and the part of the posts themselves appear throughout my site and engage other users to participate. How can I do this?

Comment