• Show
Clear All
  • myths
    • Dec 2006
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] vbullettin 4.2.2 upgrade error

vbullettin 4.2.2 upgrade error also cant login in admincp
    i disable hacks but error is same
    Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4912

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in ..../includes/functions.php on line 5104

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in ..../includes/functions.php on line 5104

• myths
    • Dec 2006
    • 4.2.X

anyone can upload classcore.php file with fix error for vb 4.2.2

Comment

• wda2015
      • May 2001

What version of PHP are you on?.. if it's 5.2.* ask your host to upgrade it should work.
      Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

• myths
        • Dec 2006
        • 4.2.X

my php version is 5.2
        can i login in admincp after upgrade php 5.2 to 5.4 cause with these errors i cant login in admincp even i disable all hacks

Comment

• alzaabi
          • Mar 2012
          • 4.1.x

what i think you have poor internet speed try uploading the files with another good internet provider
          using Filezilla ... and secondly try to disable the plugins one by one and refresh the page where u see the errors
          most of there errors happen from the incompatible plugins .. to to find new updated plugins

Comment

• Thunderbird
            • Jan 2010
            • 4.2.X

This is an issue with your server settings. The default timezone is not set within PHP, which will generate this warning. Disabling the plugin system will not affect this, as vBulletin itself uses the date() function (which throws this warning in these conditions) several times.

This is probably something to talk to your host about. A plugin to set the default timezone may work as well, but I have no idea how well that'd work (or where to put it).

Comment

• getwhatuask4
              • Dec 2010
              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by myths
              anyone can upload classcore.php file with fix error for vb 4.2.2
              I'm keen to do this as I have encoutered the same error "Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings.." etc.

Do you have any more details on "classcore.php file with fix error"?

If anyone can upload this file, where would anyone find this "fix" in order to do so?

I have searched this forum, but no luck.

Any help much appreciated..

Comment

• donald1234
                • Oct 2011
                • 4.1.x

You need to update the time zone info eg London/Europe in your servers /etc/php.ini file or if you have root access and cpanel it is in the php configuration file. If you don't have root access ask your host to do it.

Comment

• getwhatuask4
                  • Dec 2010
                  • 4.1.x

I asked my host to update the php.ini file, and got this response -

Thank you for your email.

We cannot make any changes on our php.ini file as this is on a shared hosting. It looks more like a coding issue at your end as we found that the information on our system are set to the default correct values - date.timezone = Pacific/Auckland. You will need to contact your web developer and fix this from your end.

:-/

I see above that php 5.2 can be the problem, which is what they are running. Is there any other workaround, assuming they are not planning to upgrade anytime soon? If not I will need to revert my site back to vB4.1.0 as it is currently crashed..

Comment