X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tsptom
    • Feb 2014
    • 4.2.X

Can't Turn Panjo Marketplace On

I seem to be in a loop. I've turned on Panjo Marketplace as instructed, then try to manage categories but it tells me I can't do that until I turn on the Marketplace. It asks do I want to turn it on. I say yes, turn it on, and the loop repeats.

Any suggestions? (I've reinstalled it twice.)

Update: Despite the loop of saying I need to turn it on, it seems to be working. I'm OK now.
    Last edited by tsptom; Tue 15 Oct '13, 10:47am.
  • tsptom
    • Feb 2014
    • 4.2.X

OK, I seem to have gotten by the above issue, despite that it keeps saying "Your Marketplace Is Not On!"

Now I have run a test sale and the item was purchased. What now? Is there somewhere that Panjo tells us how the process works, with details? I only see one liners on their website.

The specific question I have now is, how does the buyer get paid? Right after the sale, monthly, etc.?

This seems to be important info since the seller would have to ship an item, but I doubt they will until they see a payment.

Thanks.
    Last edited by tsptom; Tue 15 Oct '13, 11:42am.

Comment

• panjo
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by tsptom
      OK, I seem to have gotten by the above issue, despite that it keeps saying "Your Marketplace Is Not On!"

Now I have run a test sale and the item was purchased. What now? Is there somewhere that Panjo tells us how the process works, with details? I only see one liners on their website.

The specific question I have now is, how does the buyer get paid? Right after the sale, monthly, etc.?

This seems to be important info since the seller would have to ship an item, but I doubt they will until they see a payment.

Thanks.
      Tonight, Panjo is switching to PayPal as its payment processing partner. This means that starting tomorrow, 10/16/13, sellers will get paid within minutes of a buyer making a purchase. Transactional emails throughout the buying and selling processes provide details on the process. Let us know if you think we ought to post this information in certain places you looked and didn't find it. Thanks!
      Panjo classifieds plugin for vBulletin

Comment

• tsptom
        • Feb 2014
        • 4.2.X

Thanks for the info. Yes, if you can make this kind of information more apparent on panjo.com, or put an FAQ in the software itself, it would be helpful.

The initial transaction went flawlessly, and the payment eventually made it to my account within a few hours, but it sounds like this will change. Here are a couple of questions I have, which I assume others will have.

​- Will the new payment process continue to show a payment from "Panjo" on PayPal, or will that change?

- I would like to post any fee structure clearly for members selling items on my forum. Is there a page that explains this?

- Also, in my first transaction, the fee was taken out by Panjo, not PayPal. Is that the way it will work - no fees from PayPal?

Thanks again!

Comment

• panjo
          • Oct 2013

Thanks for the info. Yes, if you can make this kind of information more apparent on panjo.com, or put an FAQ in the software itself, it would be helpful.

The initial transaction went flawlessly, and the payment eventually made it to my account within a few hours, but it sounds like this will change. Here are a couple of questions I have, which I assume others will have.

​- Will the new payment process continue to show a payment from "Panjo" on PayPal, or will that change?

- I would like to post any fee structure clearly for members selling items on my forum. Is there a page that explains this?

- Also, in my first transaction, the fee was taken out by Panjo, not PayPal. Is that the way it will work - no fees from PayPal?

Thanks again!
          Panjo emails its live forum partners with these kinds of announcements. Panjo also actively updates its blog and change-log to keep its partners abreast of forthcoming enhancements.

The new payment process shows payment from the buyer, not Panjo.

Sellers will incur PayPal fees + any fees imposed by you, the forum owners. PayPal fees are outlined here.

Going forward, fees are taking out by PayPal, and you, if you are charging any fees. Panjo collects those fees for you and remits them to you.

Comment

• tsptom
            • Feb 2014
            • 4.2.X

OK, I'm seeing an issue here. I sent an email to Panjo but maybe you can respond publicly for anyone else wanting to hear the answer.

The transactions are handled by PayPal, where payment and shipping information is given, correct? Why then is Panjo asking for name, address, phone number, etc., before even being taken to PayPal? And phone number is a required field? I was about to purchase something from one of my forum members but I did not want to fill out that information, so I assume my forum members won't either. This may be a deal breaker. It was for me. Is this the "price" for the free use of Panjo? My website has an older demographic and they are more reluctant to give information online than younger folks.

Thanks.

Comment

• panjo
              • Oct 2013

The transactions are handled by PayPal, where payment and shipping information is given, correct? Why then is Panjo asking for name, address, phone number, etc., before even being taken to PayPal? And phone number is a required field? I was about to purchase something from one of my forum members but I did not want to fill out that information, so I assume my forum members won't either. This may be a deal breaker. It was for me. Is this the "price" for the free use of Panjo? My website has an older demographic and they are more reluctant to give information online than younger folks.
              Thanks for these great questions.

You can see a sample of Panjo's checkout work flow on the Panjo blog. Step 1) Panjo collects the shipping address of the buyer. In that step, Panjo does ask for phone number. Collecting the phone number helps the seller complete the shipping form that he/she will complete with someone like UPS. Collecting the phone number also helps Panjo provide any necessary customer support. A buyer could always put a junk number in that field. But that doesn't help with shipping or customer support.

Panjo collects shipping info due to the fact that the buyer might not have a PayPal account and might just use PayPal to process a Visa, Master Card, Discover, or American Express credit card payment. The address that PayPal collects is the billing address in that use case.

Hopefully, given the above, you can see that there are good business reasons to collect the information we collect. Our goal is to help a buyer and seller transact as successfully, conveniently, and securely as possible.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...