X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bat21
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.2.X

Search Result page number errors

I have my search results set to a maximum of 500, when searching it shows at the bottom of page 1 that there are indeed 500 results for common words.

Problem is, as you click through the pages, the results go down. If for example you click on page 20 of 20, it says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms". Going back to page 1 then only says there are only 17 pages of results, clicking up the pages one by one then says page 11 is the last and only 274 results are now showing.

I have now installed Sphinx Search which has speeded the search up by a phenomenal amount but the above error still occurs.....

Any help or advice would be most appreciated.
    Last edited by Bat21; Tue 15 Oct '13, 6:17am.
  • Bat21
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.2.X

I have looked at a few vB4 based sites and it seems they have this error too albeit not as bad as mine.... anyone managed to work out what it is, better still has anyone managed to fix it?

Comment

• Bat21
      • Jan 2003
      • 4.2.X

And still no answer.... this problem seems to be on every site I have come across that has upgraded from vB3 to vB4.

I can't understand why the developers are not even bothering to acknowledge that this is an issue.

Comment

• Bat21
        • Jan 2003
        • 4.2.X

Still haven't managed to resolve this.

Very disappointing that none of the developers are willing to say what the cause is or, when this is going to be fixed.

Comment

• callippo
          • May 2014
          • 4.2.X

This is an issue on my site as well, and rebuilding thread/topic/keywords and rebuilding search index doesn't fix it. It seems to initially display the correct number of pages, but when you actually try to go the last pages, they aren't there.
          It doesn't matter if it's about 100 pages (50 posts per page) or 8. In both cases the total number of pages drop when you click through it.
          I'm running 4.2.2 patchlevel 1

Any idea on what I can try to fix this?

Comment