X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emp1re
    • Nov 2004

automaticaly change usergroup

Hi.

We are trying to make things easily for the admins.
    We have some users who we have to take care of because of misbehavior.

We got the idea to put them in a usergroup that has the same options as registered users but they can not post any messages for a certain time.. (i.e 1 day).
    We made 3 usergroups that will not allow them to post messages for 1, 3 or 7 days.

Now when we put a user in a certain usergroup (i.e the one for 3 days). we would like the system to see if they are there for 3 days.. Then the system puts them automaticaly back in the normal usergroup.. We tried promotions.. but that did not have the option for the amount of days a user is part of that group.

How can we do this ?

• dougdirac
    • Jul 2012
    • 4.2.X

Why don't you just use the ban feature? There you can temporarily ban someone for however many days you like. The system will automatically unban then after the given time. You created a "banned" usergroup with whatever limited permissions you want.

Comment

• emp1re
      • Nov 2004

Thank you for the tip.
      I will look into it and try to get it to work.

Comment

• donald1234
        • Oct 2011
        • 4.1.x

Have a look at "user infractions" in your admincp you can give points, bans etc for different levels of infractions.

Comment

• emp1re
          • Nov 2004

It doesnt work quite as good as i hoped (or its just me..lol ).

We have 2 different kind of penalty's ... for 1 kind we have 2 infractions points and with the 3rd point a ban for a month or so

The second kind is .. READ ONLY acces for 1 day, 3 days or 7 days..

However if we do it with points the user ens up being banned instead of read only mode.
          We made 3 usergroups with read only acces.. for 1, 3 and 7 days.. but i cant figure out how to made the system works good and not mess up the 2 different kind of penaltys.
          Now the read only users ends up in the ban for a month group..

Anyone a suggestions of how to set it up exactly ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...