X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Powerlynx
    • Oct 2013
    • 4.1.x

Font for Profile Sidebar...

In what I thought would be a very easy task, I can't find out how to possibly change the font sizes, styles and colors for the sidebar which is located on the profile page. I see an area called sidebar under the Style Manager but my it does not recognize my changes?
  • Teascu Dorin
    • Aug 2010

ACP -> Styles & Templates -> Go (in your style to edit stylevars) -> in Profile group you have some settings there like profile_sidebar_..... Other settings can be set in additional.css
    Best Regards

roStyles Design LLC
    CEO & Founder (Design and Support)
    Romanian Translator
    Teascu Dorin

Comment

• Powerlynx
      Powerlynx commented
      Editing a comment
      yes, I've been through there and tried everything...this does not change font sizes, styles or colors, nor does it change the Avatar that is in the sidebar. I'm guessing it has to be something in the css then?
  • Powerlynx
    • Oct 2013
    • 4.1.x

More Issues with the Profile Sidebar...I'm trying to change things in the left-side column sidebar but whatever I do in the CP or stylevars don't seem to show any changes front side? Along with trying to alter the fonts I'm trying to get the Avatar sizing to the same size as my profile picture which is 120 x 120 pxl.

But the Avatar image is stuck on 80 x 80 pxls even though I have changed that setting to 120 x 120 pxl in the CP. Also can I have 2 different Avatar sizes? One size for the profile page's sidebar and a different size for the forum and/or blog postings Avatar?

Comment

• Teascu Dorin
      • Aug 2010

Are you sure that you modify in the style that you are using?
      Best Regards

roStyles Design LLC
      Romanian Translator
      Teascu Dorin

Comment

• Powerlynx
        • Oct 2013
        • 4.1.x

yes, definitely, I only have 1 style in there, it's a new forum we're starting so trying to get some global setting and sizing locked in

Comment

• Teascu Dorin
          • Aug 2010

Install and use firebug in mozilla firefox and use it to find settings in the side bar for additional.css. Will look something like:

Code:
            .b-userinfo {
                  color: #252C2F;
                text-align: center;

}
          P.S. This css is from usertitle from here in vb5
          Best Regards

roStyles Design LLC
          Romanian Translator
          Teascu Dorin

Comment

• Powerlynx
            • Oct 2013
            • 4.1.x

okay, thanks man, I'll give it a shot and tell you what happened afterwards

Comment

• Teascu Dorin
              • Aug 2010

OK. Good Luck!
              Best Regards

roStyles Design LLC
              Romanian Translator
              Teascu Dorin

Comment

• Powerlynx
                • Oct 2013
                • 4.1.x

My webmaster is the one working on this for me, but it is a joint effort in getting this done. So I am trying to track down information to save time for for him to work on it. Any advice you have is greatly appreciated. We're doing global layout changes to the sidebar in the profile page, here is the test profile; http://www.carbonracecars.com/member.php?1-TRON to check out, and I would like to tidy up its look significantly. Some questions starting from top to bottom;

1 - trying to vertically center the username in the top black bar header

2 - centering Administrator above the profile picture both vertically and horizontally, (would like to add some padding here)

3 - adding linked titles to that list under the profile picture and re-organizing them in a particular order, and coloring the icons symbols

4 - changing the font size for the next bubble down in the sidebar, (trying to get text on 1 line each instead of drop down sentences)

5 - same padding size all the way around the inside perimeter of that bubble

6 - changing the Avatar size to whatever size wanted, but while not changing the Avatar size in forum postings

7 - under Groups, Permission Groups, Recent Visitors changing the content within' those bubbles

8 - Permission Groups has enough room to be on 1 line instead of a drop down

These are obvious things which would greatly enhance the look of the sidebar as in stock form nothing looks centered or with equal padding. I hope these things are more simple than complicated to do? Seems like simple changes...I hope

Comment

• Teascu Dorin
                  • Aug 2010

Your link is not working
                  Make it work and will talk further!
                  Best Regards

roStyles Design LLC
                  Romanian Translator
                  Teascu Dorin

Comment

• Powerlynx
                    • Oct 2013
                    • 4.1.x

we shut down the registration process because we were immediately attacked by bots sign-ups, I can create an account for you but would need an email for you to validate the account if you would like to log in and take a looksie?

Comment

• Teascu Dorin
                      Teascu Dorin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I am referring that the site is not accessible at all !
                  • Powerlynx
                    • Oct 2013
                    • 4.1.x

yes, I'm trying to have him fix this, hopefully he can do it soon as he can only work nights on this. hope to show you soon

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...