• warlord0
    • Apr 2012
    • 4.1.x

Logged on Jira http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-15879

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

In order to tell vBulletin 4.2.2 to disable all warning, notice, and error displays, you can use the class_core.php file attached to this issue: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-15862

Upload it to the includes folder overwriting your existing file.

Add the following line to your config.php under the <?php line:
      Code:
      [COLOR=#252C2F][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=13px]define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS', true);[/SIZE]
      [/FONT][/COLOR]

This file will only work with vBulletin 4.2.2

The double-posting is another issue that has to go through the JIRA process.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• warlord0
        • Apr 2012
        • 4.1.x

You all need to vote on this issue to get it resolved.

Comment

• MySaltyReef
          • Jul 2011
          • 4.2.X

i am not as clued up as most of you guys but have found the errors to be coming from my add ons, i have got all of my warnings to go except for when you login or create a new article i get this

PHP Code:
          Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/functions_login.php(204) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/functions_login.php(204) : eval()'
          d code on line 5 Redirecting... 
          all i have done was upgrade my hacks as if i disable all my add ons the errors disappear, i have found that upgrading DBtech advanced user has now caused a double post if a user tags another member, if i disable just that hack no more double posting and my members are freaking that its not working !

i did find this but was ask to start a new thread on it

its the only thing that is really irritating as 4.2.1 seemed like it was bulletproof, is a rollback possible ?
          www.mysaltyreef.com

Comment

• MySaltyReef
            • Jul 2011
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            In order to tell vBulletin 4.2.2 to disable all warning, notice, and error displays, you can use the class_core.php file attached to this issue: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-15862

Upload it to the includes folder overwriting your existing file.

Add the following line to your config.php under the <?php line:
            Code:
            [COLOR=#252C2F][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=13px]define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS', true);[/SIZE]
            [/FONT][/COLOR]

This file will only work with vBulletin 4.2.2

The double-posting is another issue that has to go through the JIRA process.
            will this fix the double posting ?
            www.mysaltyreef.com

Comment

• Fleiding
              • Jan 2012
              • 5.3.x

I don't thinks so, but I am glad I am not the only one experiencing this problem. Hope we getting a fix soon...

Comment

• shots
                • Jan 2009

Any update on the quick-reply double posting issue? I unfortunately upgraded to 4.2.2 because it was out of beta only to find out that it should never have left beta. Disabling the errors and warnings are NOT an acceptable fix.... the bug needs to be fixed.

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

You should apply the fix wayne psoted, it should resolve the double posting issue.

Comment

• shots
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Zachery
                    You should apply the fix wayne psoted, it should resolve the double posting issue.
                    so the answer is no... the error is not fixed. The only option is to hide the error?

i thought that wayne posted that his fix was not for double posting (last line in his post)

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by shots

so the answer is no... the error is not fixed. The only option is to hide the error?

i thought that wayne posted that his fix was not for double posting (last line in his post)
                      It depends on what's causing it. There can be various causes of double posts.

Try the workaround that was posted.....if that clears the problem, then the cause will have been a php warning.
                      MARK.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      ------------
                      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                        • Jul 2008

If you weren't getting double-posts in 4.2.1, but are getting them in 4,2,2, it is almost definitely caused by warning messages being generated that you simply don't see and Wayne's posted fix should clear that.Therefore I strongly suspect hiding warnings will prevent the double-posting issue *IF* it was new to 4.2.2. Also make sure you have disabled all your add-ons to see if it is the result of a warning/error from an add-on.

Comment

• rwoscott
                          • Nov 2006

Looks like this fix did the trick for my 4,2,2 site.

Thanks.

Comment

• conradk
                            • Jan 2009

I tried using the config.php and client script workarounds but still get the dialog about leaving the page. I voted - and hope this is in 4.2.3

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...