Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JKerviel12
    • Feb 2008

Double posting after upgrading to 4.2.2

Any ideas why this is? Also, I'm getting other errors that some members have already made threads about. 4.2.2 seems *very* buggy ...

Should I downgrade? Is this possible?
  • Mars_P25
    • Oct 2013
    • 4.2.X

I run www.p25.ca forum. Last evening I upgraded us to 4.2.2 (from 4.2.1) and all visitors are experiencing the double-post issue as well. When they use "quick reply", they get a warning when they click submit message, that the page is trying to redirect them, do they wish to leave the site, etc. If they click "no", then their message content gets double-posted.

You are not alone, JKerviel12. I feel 4.2.2 was rushed into distribution. There are still numerous PHP errors which are popping up. In the AdminCP, going to Maintenance/General Update Tools, yields this message between "Fix broken user profiles" and "rebuild search index":

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with vB_Model::getLoadQuery($required_query = '', $force_rebuild = false) in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 261

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with vB_Model::getLoadQuery($required_query = '', $force_rebuild = false) in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 337

Late edit: Here's our versions:

MySQL: 5.5.32-0ubuntu0.13.04.1
    PHP: 5.4.9-4ubuntu2.3
    Apache: V2.2.22
    Last edited by Mars_P25; Wed 9 Oct '13, 7:20pm. Reason: More information.

Comment

• JKerviel12
      • Feb 2008

I really hope a fix will soon be available, this is quite annoying.

Comment

• JKerviel12
        • Feb 2008

I just replied to a thread, and now I get this warning message at the top of the thread the whole time:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113

Comment

• Allthumbz
          • Oct 2011

4.2.2 = blechhhh
          Nelson
          www.Hobby-Machinist.com

Comment

• hurricane_sh
            • Mar 2005

This is annoying. I didn't upgrade to 4.2.1 and have been waiting for 4.2.2. I'll hold on for awhile longer.

Comment

• JKerviel12
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by hurricane_sh
              This is annoying. I didn't upgrade to 4.2.1 and have been waiting for 4.2.2. I'll hold on for awhile longer.
              4.2.1 is just fine. Had no problems with it. Now ... it's a total mess.

Comment

• weave
                • Jul 2011
                • 4.1.x

Originally posted by hurricane_sh
                if you think it is annoying waiting.....imagine how it feels for those of us who upgraded to it!!!

Comment

• Stephen Best
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 4.1.x

Thanks for this, guys. I was about to upgrade to 4.2.2, but will now await the fixes which, we all hope, are forthcoming.
                  --
                  Stephen Best
                  Owner / Administrator
                  Volconvo.com

Comment

• Allthumbz
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Stephen Best
                    Thanks for this, guys. I was about to upgrade to 4.2.2, but will now await the fixes which, we all hope, are forthcoming.
                    Don't upgrade! I did for the security fixes and my site was down all day yesterday while my web host fixed the php.ini issues. I am still getting errors. Stay on 4.2.1!
                    Nelson
                    www.Hobby-Machinist.com

Comment

• JKerviel12
                      • Feb 2008

Still no response from vBulletin. And they're still encouraging others to upgrade! This is outrageous - if I was them I would have pulled the 4.2.2 version until fixes have been found. Highly irresponsible.

Comment

• weave
                        • Jul 2011
                        • 4.1.x

I am up on 4.2.2 now, after nearly an all-nighter, and think I have all the issues sorted out.

#4 in this post was the one edit that did me the most good (outside of the time issue in php.ini) http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-been-released

Comment

• toon79
                          • Jun 2007
                          • 4.2.X

Why won't VB staff comment on this?

Comment

• JKerviel12
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by weave
                            I am up on 4.2.2 now, after nearly an all-nighter, and think I have all the issues sorted out.

#4 in this post was the one edit that did me the most good (outside of the time issue in php.ini) http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-been-released
                            Thanks!! That worked for me

I also added E_WARNING to be excluded.

Comment

• warlord0
                              • Apr 2012
                              • 4.1.x

This really needs some investment of effort! 4.2.1 was rock solid stable for us. 4.2.2 is just a nightmare

Is it possible to downgrade? Easy enough to do upgrades, but I've never rolled back.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...