X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dougdirac
    • Jul 2012
    • 4.2.X

Panjo in 4.2.2

Well now that it looks like Panjo is now officially a part of vBulletin, does anyone have any experience with it?
  • donald1234
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

I uninstalled it as soon as I saw it, just another potential security loophole as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

• Videx
      • Jan 2007

We could use a new Classifieds section to replace our aging Photopost, and this looks interesting. Apparently it's been around a while under a different name. Some info on vb.org: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=300901

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

I think they used to be called Enthusify (not sure if I spelt that correctly).
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Paul M
          Former Lead Developer
          vB.Com & vB.Org
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by donald1234
          I uninstalled it as soon as I saw it, just another potential security loophole as far as I'm concerned.
          If you do that, the installer will re-install it again (if you need to run it for some reason). If you do not want to use Panjo, you are better off simply disabling it.
          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• DannyITR
            • Jan 2002

I'm very interested to try it out. I've been looking for years for a descent plugin. If it's officially part of VB then the security risk should be minimal no? I'm just not sure about sending users to their site for transactions. If the user has a choice to pay/pickup locally then it's fine I suppose. I need to try it out and report back. I also need ot make sure it will import all posts in my classified sections.
            Danny
            My Site ---->www.montrealracing.com

Comment

• softsingapore
              • Jun 2008
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by DannyITR
              If the user has a choice to pay/pickup locally then it's fine I suppose. I also need ot make sure it will import all posts in my classified sections.
              I just enabled it in my forum. Looks like a front-end form for inserting buy/sell threads.

Can use "Indirectly" payment instead of real-time online payment.

My user had some problem using IE to post. Will continue to monitor.
              Singapore Music Forum - www.soft.com.sg

Comment

• panjo
                • Oct 2013

Here are some examples of Panjo powering marketplaces for communities powered by vBulletin:
                Skiing marketplace
                BMW classifieds
                Porsche classifieds
                Bellydancing classifieds
                Bespoke men's fashion marketplace
                Panjo classifieds plugin for vBulletin

Comment

• panjo
                  • Oct 2013

Originally posted by DannyITR
                  I'm very interested to try it out. I've been looking for years for a descent plugin. If it's officially part of VB then the security risk should be minimal no? I'm just not sure about sending users to their site for transactions. If the user has a choice to pay/pickup locally then it's fine I suppose. I need to try it out and report back. I also need ot make sure it will import all posts in my classified sections.
                  Panjo doesn't import legacy classified posts. Instead, Panjo posts new listings to your legacy classifieds sub forum(s). Panjo does have the ability to import legacy iTrader ratings if you have those. Contact us if you want to do that. [email protected]:

Comment

• Allthumbz
                    • Oct 2011

I tried it out, and I uninstalled it.

First, the "enhanced new thread" option does not permit users to post "Wanted to Buy" items, only things they want to SELL. My users want to BUY stuff and need WANTED listings too.

Second, I tried to delete a test listing I made and it would not delete it. When you clicked "Classifieds" in the navigation bar, it kept coming up over and over.

Third, it kept trying to create a new marketplace when I had ALREADY created a marketplace! I don't know WHY that happened, but it is annoying.

Fourth, it keeps asking for your email address and password when you are ALREADY in Admincp, which is POINTLESS and aggravating. You should be able to shut that off.

I don't know WHY VB would include this when there are so many NECESSARY features that are needed like a really good operating WEEKLY NEWSLETTER, ANTI-SPAM and OTHER MODS that should be part or VB like DOWNLOADS, DONATIONS (I use the ones by Dbtech), VIDEOS, and other things I now have as addons..

This is my opinion and experience, and you did ask, so please don't kill me for answering.

Nelson

PS- It didn't uninstall cleanly, and I received about 50 error messages. You will need to delete classifieds.php from the root directory yourself.
                    Last edited by Allthumbz; Sat 12 Oct '13, 7:41am.
                    Nelson
                    www.Hobby-Machinist.com

Comment

• David Copeland
                      David Copeland commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nelson, what other store software will you use?
                  • softsingapore
                    • Jun 2008
                    • 4.2.X

Got a question for you.

Someone playfully clicked on the "Buy Now" button and completed the form but he has no real intention of buying the item.

In this case, the ad is then marked as "SOLD".

How can the advertiser/admin change the status back to normal?

Thanks.
                    Singapore Music Forum - www.soft.com.sg

Comment

• dougdirac
                      • Jul 2012
                      • 4.2.X

So is vB support staff who I would turn to if I ran into the issues reported in the previous two posts.

Comment

• dougdirac
                        • Jul 2012
                        • 4.2.X

Now that it's been a few days, could anyone report back on their experience with Panjo? Also could vB staff answer my question in the previous post?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by dougdirac
                          So is vB support staff who I would turn to if I ran into the issues reported in the previous two posts.
                          This product was embedded without Support Staff knowledge nor were we taught on how it works. Like all third-party addons, you should go to Panjo for direct support with their product. If you have problems with the plugin activating, deactivating or it causes a database error, you can contact vBulletin Support.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• panjo
                            • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Allthumbz
                            First, the "enhanced new thread" option does not permit users to post "Wanted to Buy" items, only things they want to SELL. My users want to BUY stuff and need WANTED listings too.

Second, I tried to delete a test listing I made and it would not delete it. When you clicked "Classifieds" in the navigation bar, it kept coming up over and over.

Third, it kept trying to create a new marketplace when I had ALREADY created a marketplace! I don't know WHY that happened, but it is annoying.

Fourth, it keeps asking for your email address and password when you are ALREADY in Admincp, which is POINTLESS and aggravating. You should be able to shut that off.
                            Nelson - thanks for reporting these issues.

1. You are correct, the Panjo plugin is not optimized for "Want to Buy (WTB)" listings. Panjo does support a listing for $0 and buyers occasionally use the system to post a WTB listing. Many of our partners have a separate WTB subforum and keep the WTB thread posts separate from the "For Sale (FS)" thread posts.

2. How did you attempt to delete the listing? It sounds like you may have tried to delete just the thread post version of the listing as opposed to the master listing. We aren't aware of any bugs related to deleting listings. The takeaway for us is that our delete feature needs to be more clear.

3. Panjo asks for an email and password when you are in the admin cp because Panjo has a set of configuration settings and reports that are hosted. You do not have to log into the Panjo admin cp to configure a variety of Panjo settings like user permissions and other settings controlled at the vB admin level.

Thanks again for trying out Panjo and for taking the time to share this feedback.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...