X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vigasos
    • Nov 2011

[Forum] how to constantly backup and restore if an error occur

hi everybody,

I'm new to vbulletin and hosting stuff so please bare with me, i want to know how shall i take care of my vbulletin 4 suite ?? I mean backup, restore, clean etc...?

thank you,
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

First you should confirm with your host when and if they take regular backups.

However you should not rely completely on your host, you should download regular backups as well, just in case.

Here is info on how to do backups: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/cont...nstall-upgrade

Backing up the database is the most important part. Your forum files can always be re-downloaded from the customer area if necessary.

Comment

• vigasos
      • Nov 2011

are the backingup types gives different results? and how often i shall backup my data?
      thank you so much BirdOPrey5

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by vigasos
        are the backingup types gives different results? and how often i shall backup my data?
        thank you so much BirdOPrey5
        A database backup is a backup of the database. A "data" backup is usually files from your server.

Backup as often as you can- how comfortable are you with losing a days worth of posts if something goes wrong? A week? A month? up to you. Always backup before an upgrade.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...