Delete promoted article also deletes the original thread. bug?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drache28
    • Feb 2010

[CMS] Delete promoted article also deletes the original thread. bug?

If I promote a thread to article and enable comments. if I try to delete the promoted article it will also delete the original thread, And there is no way to restore it. it's not in soft delete it's just gone.

What I did is. Promoted a thread to article

Comments: Yes
    Keep original thread: Yes
    Move to comments forum: No
    All comments: Yes

(Love this new function btw)

Ok if no one use the article page to reply comments then when you delete the article the original thread would still be there. But if someone reply the article in the article page instead of replying in the forum. Then when you delete the article your whole original thread with all it's replies will also be deleted. This is very scary. ( I also notice replies from the article page doesn't have signature, but replies from the forum does in the original thread.)

Is this a bug? Could someone please help me out? How can I make sure when I delete an article it doesn't delete the original thread as well.

Thanks.
  • Drache28
    • Feb 2010

can anyone please kindly answer my questions please? I think this is a important issue that we need to find out. Because it could cost huge issues if you promoted a big thread with lots important post in it and it will be deleted after you delete the promoted article.

Comment

• George L
      Former vBulletin Support
      • May 2000
      • 3.8.x

It indeed looks like a bug scheduled to be fixed in vB 4.2.2 http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-14509
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Drache28
        • Feb 2010

Thank you george I will add the hook listed in guide while waiting for 4.22 update
        //detect if we are in the CMS //detect if the thread is NOT from the comments forum //if the above conditions hold true, return false. if (defined('CMS_SCRIPT') AND CMS_SCRIPT) { if (isset($this->registry->options['vbcmsforumid']) AND $this->existing['forumid'] != $this->registry->options['vbcmsforumid']) { $this->existing['visible'] = 2; $physicaldel = false; } }

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...