X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • icecoaster
    • Sep 2013
    • 4.2.X

Locating styles

Newbie here. I bought a custom skin and I'm trying to tweak it. I find it a challenge to find certain styles in the Style Editor. Is there any trick to finding the right styling element? For instance, if I'm trying to find and modify a font color, can I do a search for the RGB value and find every element that uses it? Doesn't seem to work for me but maybe I'm doing this wrong.

Right now, I'm trying to change the font color for the two links in the new user notice, FAQ and register (screen cap attached).
  • Amaury
    • Mar 2012
    • 4.2.X

Edit body_color, link_color and link_hover_color.
    Former vBulletin user

Comment

• icecoaster
      • Sep 2013
      • 4.2.X

Those variables don't seem to affect the text in the notice. My links are blue, the links in the notice are green. Cannot seem to find this variable.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

I usually right-click on the element in Chrome Browser there is "Inspect Element" - on the right side of the Inspect Element window will be the class or ID name of the element. You can make some changes to the CSS right in the inspect element window, see if it does what you want, and what else on the page might be affected.

Once you know what you want add the css to th additional.css template, use !important to force it to override what is specified elsewhere.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...