• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • haythamghareeb
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.5.x

[Forum] Cron jobs set to run in the past

Hi,
    Just updated to the latest 4 version and decided to send an email out to my members. Being one of the members, I waited for almost a half hour now but nothing came through. I went to the cron jobs (scheduled tasks log) and found that all tasks were supposed to run next in September...the past. Today is the 4th of October so why are the tasks showing they will run in September? I am guessing this is the reason for my mails not going through.
  • haythamghareeb
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.5.x

Tried "run now" and got this " Gateway Time-out

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application."

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

You need to contact your hosting provider.

Scheduled tasks rely on traffic to run. THey are triggered by code in the footer of the page. If they are causing errors like the above, we would need to know what the error is. The information provided is not enough. Your hosting provider can provide more information.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

In Admin CP, in the table at the top of the Admin CP homepage, the last item is the number of queued emails.

Run the email queue scheduled task manually until the queue is empty, be mindful of any hourly or daily email limits imposed by your host.

Once the queue is empty you would likely want to disable email queuing. This can be done in Email Options in settings.

Comment

• haythamghareeb
          • Apr 2006
          • 3.5.x

Here is what I did (by chance) and now the dates on the Cron jobs have been updated..I disabled then enabled the jobs one by one. The dates are now ok but as for the emails being sent out..will have to wait and see.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

If your queue is 500 emails, and your email settings are set to only send 10 emails per run (which is default) then you are still looking at a very long time before all email is sent, especially if you don't have constant traffic on your site.

Comment

• haythamghareeb
              • Apr 2006
              • 3.5.x

I disabled the cron setting and let the emails get sent out using the email queue setting only. The emails got sent out but crashed my database a few times (got more than 10 database error emails) My site went offline for a few hours but now it's up again. The host says they don't know what the problem was but I know..it was those emails getting sent out at once. I did specify 5 seconds as the delay between each but still crashed my forum.
              Now my main issue is that the cron is still not running. All my scheduled tasks are not running since I last ran them. They still show a message that they will run on the date and time I ran them last. What files could I reupload to correct this? I uploaded includes/cron/ files but no use.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

Uploading files isn't going to help - your files aren't the problem.

Does your forum get any traffic? If no one visits it honestly it is normal nothing runs- nothing really needs to run.

Also, are your forums turned on? If you have forums turned off in settings tasks don't run with the forum turned off.

Finally do you have a custom style? Have you customized the footer template? Make sure this code exists in your footer template-
                Code:
                    <!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
                    {vb:raw cronimage}
                    <!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->

Comment

• haythamghareeb
                  • Apr 2006
                  • 3.5.x

Thank you Joe . Yes, it was fixed after I reopened the forum for members.

Comment