Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vexxy
    • Aug 2007

[Forum] Quick Reply speed issue

So my forums load instantly, if you navigate anywhere. The load time is under 2s for each page, well except those that have alot of attachment images but that's normal. Recently, users have complained that sometimes, when commenting using the quick reply, it has a wierd lag of ~10 seconds after you press reply, then the message is posted. I tested myself to replicate the issue and indeed, it's true. I've also experienced similar behaviours when giving PM's and rarely, when browsing..the lag consists in the site just doing nothing, but shows like it's loading for x seconds, then instantly loads..like it was waiting for something. Tested in both Firefox and Chrome, but a couple of users told me that IE9 is even worse, it gives these problems more frequently.

I've checked the server load, is under 1%, mem loads are just fine. Recently (around 2 weeks ago), I've installed xcache on the server and I'm using datastore to xcache. Is it a possibility that xcache can cause those things? I've not experienced any errors so I don't know exactly how can I debug it.
    SWTOR Forums | Software Forums
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Make sure that you're downloading the mini-fied or compressed JavaScript for your live site. Do not use the uncompressed JavaScript.

Server load really has nothing to do with JavaScript performance as that runs on the client machine, not the server.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• vexxy
      • Aug 2007

how do I make sure of that? I'm affraid I didn't understand the suggestion

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Have you tried disabling your plugins to see if it is a modification that is causing the lag?

If you downloaded the default vbulletin package (didn't click the Other Options button to select other options), then you should have the compressed javascript.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• vexxy
          • Aug 2007

yep, I have the original vbulletin package. I also tested with the plugins off, but the problem isn't constant and was hard to reproduce many times. Even in it's current state, the site is very fast but has some rare hiccups, usually when sending a PM, replying in the forum etc.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...