X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huskermax
    • Mar 2010
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Paid Subscription/ user group promotions

I use the promotions based off join date. So at some point the users in the paid user group get promoted out to another user group. I have 2, 5, 10 and 15 year promotions. It all starts in the paid group. I have tested this and once they get moved out of paid it does not move them out of the user group they are in when the subscription expires. My guess is there is no way around that?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

When the subscription expires, it will move them to their previous usergroup provided you haven't manually changed anything. It will only do the usergroup specified and only the primary or secondary group.

If you're promotions are merely badges of honor, I'd assign them as secondary groups. The user can choose to show the badge in their User Control Panel and it shouldn't interfere with the usergroup promotions.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Huskermax
      • Mar 2010
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      If you're promotions are merely badges of honor, I'd assign them as secondary groups. The user can choose to show the badge in their User Control Panel and it shouldn't interfere with the usergroup promotions.
      That is what they are and I now have them set up as secondary groups and it put them all in the right groups. The only problem is when the promotion happened it did not remove the previous secondary user group. So my ten year people all have the icons from 2year and 5 year plus 10year. How do you get the promotion to drop the previous secondary user group assignment?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

Have your 5 year promotion apply to those in the 2 year promotion group, the 10 year promotion apply to the 5 year promotion group, and the 15 year apply to the 10 year promotion group.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Huskermax
          • Mar 2010
          • 4.2.X

Have your 5 year promotion apply to those in the 2 year promotion group, the 10 year promotion apply to the 5 year promotion group, and the 15 year apply to the 10 year promotion group.
          That is what I did but it only let's me pull them out of a primary user group not a secondary. So primary is set as paid and secondary is set as one of the 3 above. I want to keep paid as the primary so the paid subscription will work correct?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

Yes... Hmm. I'll have to look at the system a little more closely to see if you can do what you want to do. How do you assign the badges? Ranks?

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Huskermax
              • Mar 2010
              • 4.2.X

Yes... Hmm. I'll have to look at the system a little more closely to see if you can do what you want to do. How do you assign the badges? Ranks?
              By user group. So if you are in user group 2 year you get the 2 year rank. It works, the only problem is when they move to the 5 year it does not remove the 2 year from secondary user groups.

I also have a rank based off post count that has nothing to do with user group. The only way to have a rank based off join date is to use the promotion system as far as I know.
              Last edited by Huskermax; Mon 31 Oct '11, 7:50am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

In your Admin CP under User Ranks, you could create a user rank that corresponds with the appropriate usergroup, require 1 post, and set it to display if the displaygroup is that usergroup. The drawback to this is you would need to either have the users update their display groups manually or have a secondary scheduled task written that updates it to the highest annual group they are in.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Huskermax
                  • Mar 2010
                  • 4.2.X

In your Admin CP under User Ranks, you could create a user rank that corresponds with the appropriate usergroup, require 1 post, and set it to display if the displaygroup is that usergroup. The drawback to this is you would need to either have the users update their display groups manually or have a secondary scheduled task written that updates it to the highest annual group they are in.
                  That works. Were can the users update the display group. I looked in settings and profile and can't find it. I see were to do it in admincp in each users profile.

Comment

• Huskermax
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 4.2.X

have a secondary scheduled task written that updates it to the highest annual group they are in.
                    How would I go about having that done? The .org site?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Huskermax
                      That works. Were can the users update the display group. I looked in settings and profile and can't find it. I see were to do it in admincp in each users profile.
                      There should be a "user group" selection at the bottom of their left navigation on their user CP to change display group.

Originally posted by Huskermax
                      How would I go about having that done? The .org site?
                      Yes. I don't see it as being overly difficult to create.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Huskermax
                        • Mar 2010
                        • 4.2.X

There should be a "user group" selection at the bottom of their left navigation on their user CP to change display group.
                        Is that something you can turn off and on in admin cp? I don't see it in my profile, I also checked my test log in in the paid user group and it is not there.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          • Aug 2000

Sorry. It is in the usergroup manager. Edit your custom usergroups and set "Can override primary group title/markup" to yes. Should allow it to show and allow them to change display group.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Huskermax
                            • Mar 2010
                            • 4.2.X

Sorry. It is in the usergroup manager. Edit your custom usergroups and set "Can override primary group title/markup" to yes. Should allow it to show and allow them to change display group.
                            Found it. Thanks for the help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...