Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the admin

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • downeastboat
    • Oct 2011

[Forum] Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the admin

Having a problem making one of the forums on my forum private to members only.. Ok so I get the proccess of going to "quick forum permissions" and then I set that specific forum permissions so that "unregistered users" can only view the forum but not see the tread content etc..then I logout to see if it is indeed private and it is...however.. when I log back in and try to view that forum as a registered member, I can view the forum as usual but the links within the threads that are to other sites etc give the following message when you click on them "Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"... I am very basic when it comes to running the backend of the forum but I know my way around it.. the forum version is 3.8.7 and I am running VBSEO which I think is the problem however I am not sure..any info is appreciated and thank you in advance for helping me with this annoying problem.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Disable VBSEO from the VBSEO Control Panel AND Disable Hooks per these instrctions: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...ystem-globally

See if you still have the problem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...