X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edyy
    • Jul 2010
    • 4.2.x

[Forum] Attachments disappear after some time

All my atachments in threads disappear after some time, including the video ( links to video on youtube). Is a setting that I miss or what can i do to make them stay there until the thread is deleted or arhived.

Thanks
    GAMES AREA & COMPUTER GAMES
  • Riasat
    • Aug 2006

if you press edit in post where videos disappeared, do you see the video code?

Comment

• edyy
      • Jul 2010
      • 4.2.x

Yes, the links are there, but I think I found the problem, only in IE I can't see the videos, in other browser ( firefox, chrome) the videos apper to be fine. If I go to a thread with atach images it shows only a link to that image not the actual image

Comment

• Andy
        • Jan 2002
        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by edyy
        If I go to a thread with atach images it shows only a link to that image not the actual image
        There are many setting that control how an image is shown in a post. Please describe what you want displayed, for example do you want thumbnails or full size images?

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

A link to a page would help so we can see the issue ourselves.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• edyy
            • Jul 2010
            • 4.2.x

In this thread http://www.forum.games-area.ro/forum...op-2010-a.html if you use IE you don't see the videos and in this one http://www.forum.games-area.ro/jocur...-pre-paid.html you see only the links to images not the images. This problem is only with the IE browser

Comment

• Ace
              • Apr 2004
              • 4.2.X

I can't see any images whatsoever, on any browser. It's all links.

Are you sure that you're logged in when viewing it in IE?
              My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• edyy
                • Jul 2010
                • 4.2.x

yes i am logged in , anyway the images and the videos should be available to any user logged in or not

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

You can see in this screenshot it works fine in IE for me. Maybe you are having browser issues? Has anyone else complained?

Click image for larger version

Name:	video-ie.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	3685795

edit- it's working with and without compatibility view enabled so that isn't the problem either.

Comment