CMS Articles vs Forum Posts (SEO & Visibility)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjda
    • Aug 2010
    • 5.5.x

[CMS] CMS Articles vs Forum Posts (SEO & Visibility)

Do you think there are any advantages to posting reviews and such as CMS articles rather than as forum posts? It certainly doesn't seem like the CMS articles are as visible to my members as the forum posts are, but those articles are already showing up in search engines. I don't want to risk losing those page rankings by closing the CMS and transferring those articles to forum posts. What do y'all think?
    Trading Card Forum | Trading Card Values
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Make a new thread with some unique content/keywords and see how long it takes to get indexed.

Comment

• mjda
      • Aug 2010
      • 5.5.x

My forum posts are being indexed just fine. I'm just curious as to the affect it'll have if I write the same content in a forum thread vs a CMS article. They would definitely get more member views, and replies, if they were forum threads. I'm just curious about the search engine rankings. Currently those articles are adding at least some value to the site in terms of search engine referrals, but I'm not sure if that same content will give the same results as a forum thread.
      Trading Card Forum | Trading Card Values

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...