X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichardE
    • Aug 2011
    • 4.1.x

How to embed video code in CMS article?

I use Easy Video Player 1.1.28 to embed videos in sites.
    This is the first time I've tried it in vBulletin (4.1.6).
    I copy the code generated by Easy Video Player and paste it into the article. Nothing appears.

The technician at EVP told me the following:
    This is caused because the code from EVP has been completely modified by your CMS. You would most likely need to disable the visual/WYSIWYG editor within vBulletin CMS to be able to post the code without it being modified.

Please do that, remove all existing EVP code from the page and then try re-inserting it having got it from EVP again to ensure it's in its' original state.

This should resolve the issue for you, but if not, you would need to ask vBulletin developers how to prevent your HTML from being modified as this isn't something that's under our control unfortunately.
    What do you suggest?
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Can you paste a copy of the generated code you try to insert?

Comment

• rootsxrocks
      • Aug 2009
      • 4.2.X

Have you reviewed the blog post on embedding that Edwin Brown did . I have been interested in trying this with JW player myself
      Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

• Riasat
        • Aug 2006

When pasting the embed code in cms, try switching to non-WYSIWYG mode (click the a/A button at top left if it is blue).
        Also, on the right side, select HTML - don't convert line breaks.

Comment

• RichardE
          • Aug 2011
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5
          Can you paste a copy of the generated code you try to insert?
          Here you go:
          <div id="evp-9c59851cf0192e2741454583c2f844e4-wrap" class="evp-video-wrap"></div><script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.realitymarketingllc.com/evp/framework.php?div_id=evp-9c59851cf0192e2741454583c2f844e4&id=NTlNaW51dGVXZWJzaXRlcy8xLiA1OSBNaW51dGVzIFdlYnNpdGUgU2 VjcmV0cyBJbnRyb2R1Y3Rpb24ubXA0&v=1319638976"></script><script type="text/javascript"><!--
          _evpInit('NTlNaW51dGVXZWJzaXRlcy8xLiA1OSBNaW51dGVzIFdlYnNpdGUgU2VjcmV0cyBJbnRyb2R1Y3Rpb24u bXA0');//--></script>
          The video file is stored at Amazon S3.

Thanks,
          Richard

Comment

• RichardE
            • Aug 2011
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by CvP
            When pasting the embed code in cms, try switching to non-WYSIWYG mode (click the a/A button at top left if it is blue).
            Also, on the right side, select HTML - don't convert line breaks.
            Now I know how to get into source mode. Thanks.

It still doesn't show anything after I save.
            One odd thing is that I need to log in after every change. It doesn't remember I'm logged in. Yet it does save my changes.

Also, here is the code from the saved page using "view source". This is AFTER inserting the code while in Source mode and turning off hard returns.
            <div id="evp-4a5a486875a0c3790cc79cf402b2116f-wrap" class="evp-video-wrap"></div><script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.realitymarketingllc.com/evp/framework.php?div_id=evp-4a5a486875a0c3790cc79cf402b2116f&amp;id=NTlNaW51dGVXZWJzaXRlcy8xLiA1OSBNaW51dGVzIFdlYnN pdGUgU2VjcmV0cyBJbnRyb2R1Y3Rpb24ubXA0&amp;v=1319903714"></script><script type="text/javascript"><!-- _evpInit('NTlNaW51dGVXZWJzaXRlcy8xLiA1OSBNaW51dGVz IFdlYnNpdGUgU2VjcmV0cyBJbnRyb2R1Y3Rpb24ubXA0');//--></script>
            Thanks,
            Richard

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

The problem is your embed code simply doesn't work. I tried it on several sites including making a blank page to test it with and the video just doesn't load. Perhaps there is supposed to be additional javascript in the header or footer of the page?

Comment

• RichardE
                • Aug 2011
                • 4.1.x

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5
                The problem is your embed code simply doesn't work. I tried it on several sites including making a blank page to test it with and the video just doesn't load. Perhaps there is supposed to be additional javascript in the header or footer of the page?
                This is strange! I just upgraded Easy Video Player so maybe something happened.
                I posted your comments and your test site to the EVP support desk.

Thank you for your help!
                Richard

Comment

• RichardE
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 4.1.x

The Easy Video Player technician figured out what's wrong: spaces in the file name.

Let me explain how this happened to help someone avoid this hassle in the future.

There are 2 ways to store videos used by EVP:

#1 Your hard drive ---> EVP ---> Amazon S3
                  #2 Your hard drive ---> Amazon S3 ---> EVP

Using method #1, EVP automatically replaces "spaces" with "dashes" in the file names.
                  This is what I've done in the past.

Using method #2, EVP imports the file as-is from Amazon S3 which includes dashes in the file name.
                  This is what I did this time because I'm doing a bunch of videos.

Once I fix the file name, create new source code, the video embeds just fine.

Note: I use EVP 1 not EVP 2 which is for sale these days. It might not do this.

Thanks everyone for helping me with this.

Richard

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                    • Jul 2008

Thank you for giving the explanation.

Comment

• RichardE
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 4.1.x

I'm having the same problem embedding the video into vBulletin CMS (4.1.6).

This video is embedded here in a test page and displays without a problem:
                      http://www.realitymarketingllc.com/evp/?seed=customize2011wptheme-vid01

Any suggestions to make it work in vBulletin? Thanks.
                      Last edited by RichardE; Tue 15 Nov '11, 8:58pm.

Comment

• MarcoOvalle
                        • May 2010
                        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by RichardE
                        I'm having the same problem embedding the video into vBulletin CMS (4.1.6).

This video is embedded here in a test page and displays without a problem:
                        http://www.realitymarketingllc.com/evp/?seed=customize2011wptheme-vid01

Any suggestions to make it work in vBulletin? Thanks.
                        Also Im having the same problem, but with CMS 4.1.5.........
                        please, help me !!!
                        Marco Ovalle

Comment

• RichardE
                          • Aug 2011
                          • 4.1.x

I'm new to this forum so pardon my newbieness. Should vBulletin be notified that this is a potential bug?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                            • Jul 2008

Please provide the full embed code so I can test it.

RichardE- If it is indeed a bug it should be reported in the "Tracker" link in the navbar on top. That is the official means to report bugs and request new features. The tracker is also sometimes called JIRA- they are the same thing.

Comment

• RichardE
                              • Aug 2011
                              • 4.1.x

Thank you for your reply. Here is the embedded code:
                              <div id="evp-c9281b2c0435d46a4bbe40ea0f09f46a-wrap" class="evp-video-wrap"></div><script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.realitymarketingllc.com/evp/framework.php?div_id=evp-c9281b2c0435d46a4bbe40ea0f09f46a&id=Q3VzdG9taXplMjAxMVdQVGhlbWUvVmlkMDEtUmVtb3ZlVG9wU3BhY2 UubXA0&v=1321594674"></script><script type="text/javascript"><!--
                              _evpInit('Q3VzdG9taXplMjAxMVdQVGhlbWUvVmlkMDEtUmVtb3ZlVG9wU3BhY2UubXA0');//--></script>
                              On the vbulletin.org forum someone replied to me with this suggestion:
                              http://www.miracletutorials.com/s3-amazon-embed-video/

Refer to link to get embed code and examples on how to implement it. Could easily be done with a custom BBCODE
                              I need to upload over 100 videos to my vBulletin 4 CMS site. Up to this point, I haven't found anything which works.

Thanks
                              Richard

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...