X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bananamontana
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] Newbie struggling with the install process

I am terrible with computers, but have managed to fumble and bumble this far in the process. I followed the start up guide to the best of my ability and got as far as uploading my files onto the CP for my host-a-majig and all that jazz. But, when I go to install is says that "the URL is not found on this server". In fact, it says that when I just type in my web address, though previously it did not look like that. I'm know I have done something wrong or messed something up somewhere along the line, but I'm really not sure where.

If anybody could point me in the right direction, that would be phenomenal, though I'm sure my question as it stands is not very clear. If there are any supporting details needed to fix this, just ask and I will provide.

Thank you in advance
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

If you go to your main URL and you get the URL not found then this is a hosting issue. If it's only the directory that you uploaded vBulletin to, then you're either using the wrong URL or have uploaded the files to a different location to where you think you have
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• bananamontana
      • Oct 2011
      • 4.0.x

Thank you! Just called HostRocket and everything is better! Turns out I was the problem, but they fixed it so life is good.

Comment

• bananamontana
        • Oct 2011
        • 4.0.x

And now I put in my customer number and I get the following message:

Due to the following errors, the install/upgrade can not continue:
        • Database connection failed due to unexpected error:Please ensure that the database and server is correctly configured and try again
          • (1044) Access denied for user 'househol_hannah'@'localhost' to database 'househol_houshold6'

I figure it's me again, but if you can tell me what I've done wrong I would very much appreciate it

Comment

• TheNewOne
          • Aug 2011

info in config is wrong

Comment

• bananamontana
            • Oct 2011
            • 4.0.x

Oh boo I thought I did that correctly.

Off to double check it, then....

Comment

• bananamontana
              • Oct 2011
              • 4.0.x

Okay, what I am thinking I've done wrong is to leave the server as 'localhost' instead of using the address of the server as supplied by my webhost. So....would the server be the web address then? I apologize if I sound silly. I am really terrible with computers. PEBKAC in my case

Comment

• Zaggeh
                • Oct 2011
                • 4.1.x

Typically this would be the internal name or IP address of the database server. Most web host's configuration panels will provide you with that information in the database configuration section, but it varies from host to host and I'm not familiar with HostRocket. Either way, it is definitely an issue with the database connection information entered into your config file not matching up.
                Using vBulletin 4.x Publishing Suite at Clylla Game & Guild Portal

Comment

• bananamontana
                  • Oct 2011
                  • 4.0.x

Nothing is working. >.<

Calling HostRocket again. I feel so dumb.

Comment

• TheNewOne
                    • Aug 2011

Try a support ticket see if staff can go in to help. But they will not install unless you pay for that service but I am sure they can give you the info needed for your config

Comment

• bananamontana
                      • Oct 2011
                      • 4.0.x

I managed to get it going. Just took all morning. But, it works now!

Comment