X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eternal_
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

White Home Page after forum Hacked

My forum was hacked on Sept 11. The homepage had a nasty message but since I had my host remove malware the homepage is showing a white page. The rest of the forum seems to work fine when accessed by other pages directly, it's just the homepage that is white.

They said since the code for ForumHome was corrupted I need to update it, so I downloaded my older version and wish to re-upload the correct page. Is it the "index.php" page I need to re-upload or is there a different page for the forum home that needs to be overwritten with the fresh code?

After I have the home page fixed with the current version, I will upgrade to the latest version of vB.
    Last edited by Eternal_; Mon 23 Sep '13, 4:57am. Reason: ad more info
  • Kent55
    • Oct 2012

If I were you I would replace all current vBulletin files and re-upload fresh ones, as the other files could have been tampered with. It's better safe than sorry.

Comment

• Eternal_
      • Mar 2007
      • 3.6.x

I'm going to do an upgrade, but was just trying to figure out how to get the home page to work again before I do the upgrade. The version I'm on now is 4.1.0 patch level 2 and will upgrade to the latest stable version of 4.2.1

Comment

• DemOnstar
        • Nov 2012

And do remember to delete the entire install folder after you have installed...

Comment

• Eternal_
          • Mar 2007
          • 3.6.x

I updated all the files to the latest vBulletin and when I went to the install page the message from the hacker is back, so I can't upgrade.

Comment