X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stryka
    • Aug 2002

Facebook Connect Platform issues

If user already exists and clicks "FACEBOOK" icon to login
    it will show this prompt if not logged in with FACEBOOK http://prntscr.com/1ssmml

IF user is logged into FBOOK and clics FB icon to login it willl immediately go to the REGISTRATION page.

Should it not ask if want to associate to existing account?

Here's where i am now
    > Using 4.2.1
    > I was able to create the Facebook Login app
    > I updated the settings in ADMINCP
    > I activated the feature in ADMINCP
    > I have changed back to default vb4 style and tried to login but same results

Can someone provide screenshots on what i should be seeing or tell me how this works for existing registered users?
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

I know there are some Facebook fixes/updates coming in 4.2.2, but in the mean time try this-

Download the facebook SDK from https://github.com/facebook/facebook-php-sdk

Upload the three files from \src to your \includes\facebook directory, overwriting the existing files.

That may help.

Comment

• stryka
      • Aug 2002

Thanks for the response.... unfortunately I am getting the same results with those new files. Again.. it works if its a new registration... but doesn't prompt for existing user.

I guess 4.2.2 is a few weeks away from being stable so i guess i have to wait...

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

I registered on the forum connected to your license but I do not see the Facebook Connect button enabled. I was going to see if the same thing happened to me with an existing account of it it was just your account/browser.

Have you tried from other accounts or computers?

Comment

• stryka
          • Aug 2002

shoot... i missed this last week... Yah.. i didn't want to enable and cause confusion... can i enable and remove the image somehow so you can try?

Comment