X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dknelson99
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.8.x

New members going into moderation que

Just did a new install. I have it set so that new registrations require email confirmation but I also have it set that I do NOT have to validate them. Still, all new registrations are going into the moderation que. I may want to enable that later but right now, I don't want new members going into the new member moderation.

• dknelson99
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.8.x

Surely somebody has an answer to this? Please?

Comment

• dknelson99
      • Jul 2004
      • 3.8.x

OK, maybe I'm being impatient. I've been a VBulletin user for about 8 or more years but haven't needed any help for a long time because my other site is still running 3.8 and doing great. I just started this new site and have started it on 4.2 or whatever it is. Support used to be pretty good and answers were usually fairly quick but that seems to have changed. So just that I know, what is the typical time now days for getting an answer to a problem?

I thought this one was pretty simple but maybe I'm not being clear. New members are verified by email. When they click the link in the email they are put into the moderation que. I don't want them put into moderation and have it selected in the Admin Panel "Moderate New Members" NO. So why are they still going into moderation? Is this a BUG or is there something else I need to change?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Which moderation queue? Users awaiting email verificztion, or users awaiting moderation? There two separate usergroups, you also didn't show us any screen shots or much more go go on about.

If they're going into the users awaiting moderation usergroup, you have something turned on to do it. Either AdminCP > Settings > User Registration Options > Moderate New Users, or a third party addon that is intended to block spammers. Lots of third party addons will send users who trip the filter into that usergroup.

Comment

• dknelson99
          • Jul 2004
          • 3.8.x

Users awaiting moderation. They get the registration email. They click on the link to activate their account. They they get a message that they are now registered but their account is awaiting moderator approval. I don't want to moderate the new members once they have validated their email addresses. Don't know what kind of screen shots you need but here are a couple.that show how I've got it set.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...