Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khalid
    • May 2001

[Forum] VB 4.1.7 Custom style ignored

I have upgraded my forum from VB3.8.4 to VB4.1.7. I created a main style which I put as a default in vb setting. I created another child style of the default style and then I set the child style as custom style for one of the forums.
    The problem is that this forum with custom style do not reflect the custom style, instead, it just take the default style.
    Is there anything I am missing?

I switched the option of users to chose a style on and off and nothing has changed.

Any help please.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You need to have the option for users to be able to select styles ON. And, you need to put a checkmark next to both the default style and child style in the Style Manager. Now see if you can see the child style.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• khalid
      • May 2001

Thanks Lynne.
      I did exactly what you suggested but nothing has changed. Still I can not sett the custom style in that particular forum that I have set.

Even if it works, I don't think this is right. I should be able to assign a default style to my forums and specific styles to some of the forums without giving the member the ability to change. This what I am currently doing in Vb 3.8.4.

Any idea how to fix this issue.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

You haven't posted a site url, but I just went to your publishing suite site and I do not see the style chooser on the bottom of the page which would allow users to change styles.

You may be running into this bug (if you aren't allowing users to change styles) http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-9273

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• khalid
          • May 2001

Lynne, Please check your private message.

I guess I have the issue in the bug you mentioned, but still the issue is not resolved after enabling the user to chose the style.

Comment

• khalid
            • May 2001

Do not worry about it, after looking at the code I found out the issue. The problem is in the file class_bootstrap.php
            Around line 1583, this is the code:

Code:
                    if ($vbulletin->userinfo['styleid'] != $vbulletin->options['mobilestyleid_advanced']
                        AND $vbulletin->userinfo['styleid'] != $vbulletin->options['mobilestyleid_basic'])
                    {
                        $this->force_styleid = $codestyleid;
                    }
            If the user has not chosen a style (which is the case for most visitors) then his $vbulletin->userinfo['styleid'] will be 0.
            And for a newly upgraded forum from 3.8.4 to 4.1.7, there is no mobile style yet and as such the value of $vbulletin->options['mobilestyleid_advanced'] and basic will be 0.

Since they both equal, the newly set style by the forum setting will not take effect. I changed the code to the following and worked fine:

Code:
                    if (($vbulletin->userinfo['styleid'] != $vbulletin->options['mobilestyleid_advanced'] 
                        OR $vbulletin->options['mobilestyleid_advanced'] == 0) 
                        AND ($vbulletin->userinfo['styleid'] != $vbulletin->options['mobilestyleid_basic'] 
                        OR $vbulletin->options['mobilestyleid_basic'] ==0 ))
                    {
                        $this->force_styleid = $codestyleid;
                    }

Comment