Editing and some options for posting doesn't work after upgrade to 4.1.6

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kolenoblata
    • Apr 2009

[Forum] Editing and some options for posting doesn't work after upgrade to 4.1.6

Hello,

I upgraded forum from 4.0.5 to 4.1.6 and some functions doesn't work.
    When you try to edit post it open editor but you can't do any changes. Replay button in the post doesn't work, same as replay to thread.
    Quick replay box under post is empty. Only way you can post in the thread is to go on advance button.

I disabled all hook in config.php file but it didn't fix anything, means the problem is not in any modification.

Where should I look to fix this?

Thanks
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Create a new style with no parent:
    • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
    • Parent Style: No Parent Style
    • Title: Default vBulletin
    • Allow User Selection: Yes
    • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• audiokid
      • Apr 2009
      • 4.1.x

Same here, but in 4.1.7. My editor wasn't showing up. Creating a new style fixed it all.
      Cheers!

RECORDING ORG
      created for musicians, by musicians

Comment

• lilgezuz
        • Jan 2008
        • 4.1.x

I'm running 4.1.7, using IE 8. Disabled plugins/hooks. When trying to post a quick reply I get a error in pop up message saying to leave this page or stay on page. If I lclick on leave this page it takes me to the advance editor and says my message was to short. If i click on stay on this page I just stay there and nothing happens

Comment

• kolenoblata
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Lynne
          Create a new style with no parent:
          • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
          • Parent Style: No Parent Style
          • Title: Default vBulletin
          • Allow User Selection: Yes
          • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

I did all you said but nothing changed. It doesn't work even in new default style.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Make sure all your vbulletin files are default by going to Maintenance > Diagnostics > Suspect File Versions. None of your default vbulletin files should get listed there.

Then disable your plugins via the config.php file.

Then try using the default style to edit your post. Do you still have the same problem?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• kolenoblata
              • Apr 2009

I troubleshoot this and found that your mode Move smilies to below text area causing problem.
              When I disable it, everything is working in default style but in my current style ( modified default style ) editing still doesn't work while quick replay is ok now.
              I checked and I didn't make any manual changes connected to your mod.

How to troubleshoot it?

Thank you

Edit:

I fixed it reverting postbit_quickedit to default. Now I can save it or cancel but Go Advanced button still don't work.
              Last edited by kolenoblata; Sat 5 Nov '11, 3:48am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...