• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thessdreview
    • Sep 2013

Site Restored and Now Forums Have Database Error

Main site: www.thessdreview.com

Forums: http://thessdreview.com/Forums/

Yesterday my site was hacked and required a restoration, completed through Backupbuddy without difficulty, or so I thought.

When checking the forums, I get a database related problem that results in whitescreen home page.

Interesting though is that some pages do work, which I know is because they have diff php files but I am just mentioning:

I have checked, optimized and repaired said databases all the way to the server mysql level without luck. No problem has yet to be identified in the files.

I would truly appreciate any halp as my server company (inmotionhosting) really hasnt a clue what they are doing. They shut down WP plugins and told me my site was back up at which time I reminded them the site was up before their fix, but the forums were and are still down.

This is the error I get fm VB every time someone tries to access....trut me thats thosands since yesterday night:

Database error in vBulletin 4.1.1:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT userid,options,usergroupid,displaygroupid,lastactivity,username
    FROM user WHERE lastactivity > 1378443600 ORDER BY username;

MySQL Error : Table 'thessd5_VBForum.user' doesn't exist
    Error Number : 1146
    Request Date : Friday, September 6th 2013 @ 09:17:32 PM
    Error Date : Friday, September 6th 2013 @ 09:17:32 PM
    Script : http://thessdreview.com/Forums/
    Referrer :
    IP Address : 173.238.118.158
    Username : Unregistered
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Sounds like part of the database may be missing or corrupted. Could be the restore of it has not worked properly, or possibly the actual backup is corrupt.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• thessdreview
      • Sep 2013

I was hoping for better news, like maybe a file with a wrong path or something. Not being the smartest guy, I always thought the database was kept in the Forums folder so when I simply reinstalled Wordpress as the entire public_html folder...all was good. I thought this was taken care of in my nightly WP backups but I guess maybe not?

Having said that, I still have a 57MB database file...are we saying there is no fix?

Comment

• borbole
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by thessdreview
        I was hoping for better news, like maybe a file with a wrong path or something. Not being the smartest guy, I always thought the database was kept in the Forums folder so when I simply reinstalled Wordpress as the entire public_html folder...all was good. I thought this was taken care of in my nightly WP backups but I guess maybe not?

Having said that, I still have a 57MB database file...are we saying there is no fix?
        It looks like your db was not restored properly. From the error message that you posted the user table is missing. You can try to restore the backup once again.

Comment

• snakes1100
          • Aug 2001

Sounds more like your backup wasnt complete to start with, in phpmyadmin, do you see any tables named alphabetically starting with the word "user"?

useractivation
          userban
          etc?

If you dont see any tables starting with user, then your backup timed out when it was dumping the user table, which makes backup incomplete.
          Gentoo Geek

Comment

• thessdreview
            • Sep 2013

Ok so.... I have had someone look at it who stated that my user table was deleted. I havent a backup. Is there a way to rebuild the user database so as not to lose the thousands of Google linked threads, even if they end up getting put in my name? I read something about mysql_install_db where the missing tables are installed and, also mysql-schema.php seems to have all of the properties of the original user tables for any rebuild.

Thoughts?

What about if I reinstall? Will it then rebuild a user directory? I am just trying NOT to lose all that was accomplished.

And yes I KNOW I should have known better....Kicking myself hard on this one...just hoping for some sort of recovery.

OH...and yse all of the rest of the user tables are still there...see attached screen capture
            Attached Files

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Have you spoken to your hosts to see if they have a backup? Sometimes hosts do.

If not your only hope might be to create an empty user table from a fresh installation, add that table onto the database you do have and then if you can get the posts loading you might be able to manually recreate the users, and then go back and manually edit the userids back to what they were by looking at what they used to be, which will then associate the posts with the users. However nobody will be able to log in without issuing new passwords (and you won't know anyone's email address to send the password to) and you will quite likely still find stuff that doesn't work.

I can't really think of much else. Speak to the hosts about a backup, even if it's an out of date one, you only want the user table.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• thessdreview
                • Sep 2013

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, a lack of backup from my own stuppidity has forced cosure of a popular forum page.

Comment

• thessdreview
                  • Sep 2013

UPDATE: I found someone to rebuild the user table and place it into the database. the Forums are back up and Google has given the traffic back again as the posts are all once again valid. All former users are guests.

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

Great news! I'm glad you found someone to write a script to do that for you.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...