X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mat8861
    • Jan 2011

Allow specific usergroup to edit own first post

Running VB 4.2.1
    I went through lots of posts, mainly suggesting to go in usergroup permission and set to yes "can edit own posts", but it's not working.
    Tried also forum permission and same thing...set to custom...yes..but still users of that usergroup (named vip) cannot edit their first post, they can only if I add them as moderator. I saw also http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...=279337&page=2 but this is for all members..
    Any idea on how to globally change for a specific usergroup to edit own first post ?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

There is no setting that allows users to edit the first post, over other posts by default. There is a time limit on editing posts though. Users either can, or cannot edit posts, and then there is the time limit on how long a post can be edited.

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

There is a modification on vbulletin.org (which we do NOT support) that will allow users to edit their first post indefinitely, but it is not a per usergroup option, so you would need to modify the modification to make it how you want.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• mat8861
        • Jan 2011

I' ll see if I can use that. Thanks

Comment