Help with usergroup settings for established members who are becoming problematic? Need group that goes into Moderation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • g00gl3r
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.5.x

[Forum] Help with usergroup settings for established members who are becoming problematic? Need group that goes into Moderation

Hi all, I hope somebody can help (and that this is even possible).

I have the need to add a secondary usergroup to a forum to add members to via the checkbox in their account, which then causes their threads and posts to sit in the moderation queue.

So currently I seem to be struggling. If I add them to a usergroup via check box that has the setting to stick posts in the mod queue, it seems their primary overrides the option and posts go live instantly. And if I change their primary usergroup to the one I'm trying to setup, then check any of the other normal usergroups, that then also overrides the setting.

Is there a way to allow members to keep all their usergroups (and ranks and titles etc) and check another usergroup, and get that to override the moderation queue setting so their posts get moderated?
  • dougdirac
    • Jul 2012
    • 4.2.X

I'm not exactly sure, but it seems to me when you have a user in multiple usergroups, the permissions do a logical OR. So anything set to "yes" in any of the usergroups in which he's a member will be a setting that applies to him.

So the solution is to make sure all his usergroups have "Follow Forum Moderation Rules" set to "no".

If any of these usergroups are shared with other members, it's ok to have them all set to "no" just as long as one of the usergroups your regular members are part of has it set to "yes".

Comment

• g00gl3r
      • Sep 2004
      • 3.5.x

Sounds like it might not be possible to do then with the setup I have. I might need to revoke their access to certain granted areas for regulars and stick them in the newbie anti-spam group on its own so we can moderate their posts.

Thanks for the response.

Comment