A new type hack method?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reignman
    replied
    Well, I saw that announcement and removed install directory. But I wasn't aware that it's about this vulnerability.

A question only; I deactivated plugin he created, should I remove it completely?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    remove your install directory, We posted an announcement about this. If you need help getting your site back up and running, please open a support ticket

Leave a comment:

• Reignman
    started a topic A new type hack method?

A new type hack method?

Hello,

When I entered my forum homepage a little while ago, I met with this page:

First I've checked my server/ftp accounts and all were looking OK. Also my admin panel was working too, so I've searched in templates and I saw that he changed "FORUMHOME" script, I reverted it and everything turned back normal.

Then I made a deeper research and saw that he created a plugin in Vbulletin system like this:

At the same time I've seen this in my mail:

When I searched for some keywords in the hacking message I've seen that he hacked many sites today with the same method:

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Even he hacked homepage of antifraudintl.org forum page, and this is the thread in their forum about this matter (their homepage is still hacked, if you read this message, you have to revert FORUMHOME template)

What can be this? A new vulnerability?

Regards...
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...