Turn off ability to display photobucket images in posts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KC Weirdwolf
    • Apr 2006

[Forum] Turn off ability to display photobucket images in posts?

We have a user group that we do not want to allow the ability to post images (it is a perk of our paid members) Is there a setting that allows me to block photobucket images that are not attached through the VBulletin uploader?
  • AusPhotography
    • Nov 2007

You would have to write some sort of plugin to process [IMG tags; or hack another plugin to do it.

Look at the code in this http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=237650
    environment: Centos 6.9, Apache v2.4.25, PHP 5.6.30/xCache, MariaDB 10.22 -- vB5 Connect Licensed

AusPhotography - Australia's Premier Photographic Forum vB4.2.3
    Rick (site owner) and Kym (site tech) sharing this account

Comment

• Andy
      • Jan 2002
      • 4.1.x

We really need a function to disallow the [IMG tags and I have a Jira here which requests this feature be added. Please vote on this:

Once the feature is in place we will need a hook so we can control this with a plugin for special conditions like the one the OP is requesting.

Comment

• Videx
        • Jan 2007

I don't care if an old image link breaks - by then the thread will likely be buried in the archives anyway. I'd prefer they link to it than upload it in which case it just makes my backup even larger.

But the answer to the original question may be in that Jira: You can disable IMG tags on a per-forum basis. Not exactly what you were looking for.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

To answer the original question- No, there is no built-in feature to do this. It might be possible via a modification, you can search or request on vBulletin.org.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...