Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joshtrav
    • Apr 2010

[Forum] profile.php?do=dst issues

I do not use any type of portal software other then the default vB 4 CMS. When I go to the website it auto redirects me to the above titled URL.

The main issue is that profile.php without the ?do=dst will show the user profile page just fine. Can anyone suggest a fix for this, as its becoming a rather consistent issue among my forum users.

Thanks in advance.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

I would suggest "Disabling Hooks" and see if the problem goes away- if so it is a mod causing the issue.

This can be helpfull if you created / installed a plugin or product which has broken your forum and you are not able to access the AdminCP anymore. To disable the

Comment

• joshtrav
      • Apr 2010

Still occurs BirdOPrey5.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Can I get a link to your forum? (PM if necessary.)

Comment

• joshtrav
          • Apr 2010

Sorry for the delay. Out of state on a TDY so I haven't had much internet time.

It is http://www.cegamer.com

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by joshtrav
            I do not use any type of portal software other then the default vB 4 CMS. When I go to the website it auto redirects me to the above titled URL.

The main issue is that profile.php without the ?do=dst will show the user profile page just fine. Can anyone suggest a fix for this, as its becoming a rather consistent issue among my forum users.

Thanks in advance.
            Sorry for the delay. Out of state on a TDY so I haven't had much internet time.

It is http://www.cegamer.com
            OK can you please explain the issue again?

When I go to the website it auto redirects me to the above titled URL.
            When I click on your link above, I'm not getting any redirect... are you?

The main issue is that profile.php without the ?do=dst will show the user profile page just fine.
            profile.php doesn't need any ?do to show. It would seem the main problem is that you're being forwarded to a different page, no?

Is there any way you can upload a screenshot or something to better explain the issue?

Comment

• joshtrav
              • Apr 2010

Its strange to be honest. Users were saying it was happening to them, and I could not reproduce it. Now that I am in this hotel it is also occurring for me.

When I visit the website, by typing cegamer.com into the chrome url bar, it leads to the website. It redirects and the vB CMS says "invalid redirect" which then redirects me a second time to the link in the title.

However, after the first redirect by re-typing cegamer.com into the url bar in chrome it loads the website fine, until I close out chrome completely and repeat the above mentioned process all over again.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

Do the users with the problem have some sort of javascript blocking addon in their browser? If they do then they will need to allow javascript on your site or go to Settings -> General Settings and turn "Automatically Detect DST" off.

For the Invalid URL redirect error, add your proper URLS to Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Redirect Domain Whitelist
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• joshtrav
                  • Apr 2010

I have javascript installed and it works fine as far as I am aware.

As for the redirect, I am not even sure where it is redirecting me. vBulletin itself is attempting to redirect me to some sort of daylight savings time conversion or what not, and I have no clue how to address the issue, let along whitelist something.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                    • Jul 2008

I have javascript installed and it works fine as far as I am aware.

...and I have no clue how to address the issue, let along whitelist something.
                    To reiterate what Wayne said...

In your Admin CP, go to Settings -> Click on Options -> Choose Site Name / URL / Contact Details from the menu -> Fill in the box "Redirect Domain Whitelist" per the instructions provided in the help system (The ? icon next to the setting.)

Comment