Forum deleting posts and randomally showing blank page - Please help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • itskerz03
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.6.x

Forum deleting posts and randomally showing blank page - Please help!

I recently upgraded to vb 4.2.1 and had no problems for the first 2 months after the upgrade. I have been a Vbulletin customer since 2007. I have not added any new products/plug-ins since the update. I have not made any changes to the templates either. I basically have not changed anything on my site. The past month I started experiencing problems which include:

-sometimes when a user tries to submit a post the forum will go to a blank white page, when the user hits the back button the post is gone, auto-save did not work
    -sometimes when a user tries to submit a post a prompt box will come up asking the user to stay on the page or leave the page
    - currently using VSa chatbox 3.1.8. Never had any problems for but now all of the sudden the chatbox will go blank randomally or not post replies from users
    -the forum has also been loading a lot slower and sometimes not completely

Network solutions is my host. They have horrible customer service and have been no help. I plan on finding a new host but I want to fix these problems first. I would upgrade to Vb5 but my current host runs MySQL 5.0.91 which won't work on Vb5. Any ideas of what could be causing these problems? I re-installed the Vb 4.1.2 files via FTP, pruned some spam threads, and repaired/optimized all tables. I don't know what could be causing the problem.
    Last edited by itskerz03; Fri 9 Aug '13, 10:48am. Reason: Accidentally wrote wrong VB version
  • snakes1100
    • Aug 2001

Start Here
    Gentoo Geek

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

Why did you only upgrade to 4.1.2 instead of 4.2.1?

Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have the same problems.
      Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
      define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• itskerz03
        • Sep 2007
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Lynne
        Why did you only upgrade to 4.1.2 instead of 4.2.1?

Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have the same problems.
        Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
        define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
        Sorry I meant to write 4.2.1. I disabled mods/plugins and it did not help. The blank page error is intermittent which makes it even more difficult to diagnose. I am going through the thread snakes1100 posted and trying all of those suggestions now.

Comment

• snakes1100
          • Aug 2001

I would also suggest that you enable display_errors in php.ini & restart apache/nginx etc.... if your on a dedicated/vps
          Gentoo Geek

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...