• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • browning
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Need Help With Subsciprtions, TIA

Hey guys,
    Been using VB for a few months over at peopleinvested.com. We have nearly 5000 members and we talk about and give advice about foriegn currencies. Well The owner has tasked me to make everyone pay now to use anything on the site, we have forums and also a chat and a live call section to listen to live conference calls. I set up my subsciption, Im stuck now. I made a user group called Paid Users and gave them all the rights that they currently have as "regular users". Do I need to create another class with that doesn't grant them any access to do anything and then move all out current "regular users" to the new class that doesn't allow them to view anything. If so, how? And once Ive done this, how do i make them see that they now have to pay with the subscription I have set up. I have scoured the VB manual, but it only tells me how to set up the subscriptions which was easy, it does not help me with the actual implementation.

Thank you kindly in advance

browning
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Take away the rights from the registered usergroup.

Comment

• browning
      • Oct 2011
      • 4.1.x

ok i figured that out, linked a new usergroup called PAID to my subscription. Have the paypal all set up, put a message as an ad that they must pay to use the site now, but how do i direct them to the subscriptions area to get started. I cant find that anywhere.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Go to Settings > PAid Subscriptions

Also, good luck with this, users generally are not thrilled when a site that was "free" goes paid.

Comment

• browning
          • Oct 2011
          • 4.1.x

they knew it was coming When i went there, it only asked for an email address to send notifications of paid subscriptions. I guess I must be an idiot and either cant make myself clear on what im saying or im just missing it entirely. Right now, when they login it says "you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
          1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
          2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

How do I get them to the payment section to start a subscription that I have already built.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Do the registered users have permission to edit their profile?

Comment