• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gpzzone
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.8.x

Paypal Server upgrades - impact?

Hi

I'm using VB 3.8.7 and it has been absolutely rock solid for a number of years now.

I offer a paid subscription service using Paypal, and again this has been pretty flawless, however I am being advised by Paypal that they are implementing changes to their IPN system in early October which may impact detrimentally on this service.

My question is straightforward - "Do I need to do worry? Or is VB 3.8.7 immune to the consequence of Paypal's server changes?

For info (From Paypal)
    Additional Details
    Starting the 7th of October, 2013, we (Paypal) will require all incoming requests to have a “Host” header which complies with HTTP 1.1 Specifications. This header was not required under HTTP 1.0. IPN and PDT scripts using HTTP 1.0 may start failing with “HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request” errors after the 7th of October, 2013, which will result in IPN messages not being validated successfully, or PDT scripts not being able to retrieve transaction information.
    Action Required before the 7th of October, 2013
    Merchants need to update their IPN and/or PDT scripts to use HTTP 1.1, and include the “Host” and “Connection: close” HTTP header in the IPN postback script.

Grateful thanks

CD
    "Live in England and subject yourself to the punishing taxes of envy. It's hard to be a winner in a society dedicated to the glorification of losers."
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...