Reply to thread not working in mobile style after changing forums to forums.website.com and cookie domain

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • th3gr3aton3
    • Oct 2009

[Forum] Reply to thread not working in mobile style after changing forums to forums.website.com and cookie domain

First off everything works fine on my PC, except when I use the mobile style on my PC or Phone. THe only thing that is broke is when I tap reply to thread nothing happens. If I click the reply button in each post it works fine. Also create a thread works fine as well. Again this only happens in the mobile style and only since I moved my forums to a subdomain and set my cookie domain. When I change it back to website.com/forums.php it works fine.

Thoughts?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Did you update all of the settings properly in the AdminCP? can we see a screenshot of the Site NAME / URL ? Contact Details and Cookie & HTTP header options pages?

Comment

• th3gr3aton3
      • Oct 2009

Comment

• th3gr3aton3
        • Oct 2009

I believe they are updated correctly. If I am not using the mobile style I have no issues.

address

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

When you put the forums into the /forums directory, did you follow the instructions here - http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/t...rsion=40200603

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

The forum component url setting has _never_ worked right. IMO, it shouldn't have been added in the first place.

If you want the forums in a subdomain, you should install the software there, and then move the cms and or blogs. They do much better on being moved around. Really, I wouldn't recommend running the forums on a subdomain as a whole, but that is its own thing.

Some functions of the software won't work right when you set the forum component url

Comment

• th3gr3aton3
              • Oct 2009

yes and the forums work, but on mobile the reply to thread button doesnt work. The reply to post in an users post does work.

Comment

• th3gr3aton3
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Zachery
                The forum component url setting has _never_ worked right. IMO, it shouldn't have been added in the first place.

If you want the forums in a subdomain, you should install the software there, and then move the cms and or blogs. They do much better on being moved around. Really, I wouldn't recommend running the forums on a subdomain as a whole, but that is its own thing.

Some functions of the software won't work right when you set the forum component url
                So do I need to copy something other than the stub directory to the subdomain folder?

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

You should move your entire vB install to the subdomain. Not just the stub directory.

Comment

• th3gr3aton3
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Zachery
                    You should move your entire vB install to the subdomain. Not just the stub directory.
                    That would mean I would have to move my attachments and all the cms stuff as well.

All of this over 1 bug?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...