Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aelous
    • May 2013

Can't access admin CP

I recently moved my vb4 from a separate forums folder to the root. This seems to have worked fine (I changed the URL in the admin CP before doing it), apart from a problem:

If I login and go to the admin CP authentication and click login, it goes to the redirect page but then goes straight back to the admin CP authentication and keeps doing this so I cannot access the panel (password and username are correct).

Also, if I am logged in on the forums and navigate elsewhere and go back (even admin CP authentication), I automatically logged out and have to re-login.

What's gone wrong?

Thanks
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You need to reset your cookie path and cookie domain variables. These should not be set unless you have multiple vBulletin installations on the same domain name. You can reset these using tools.php.

Follow these steps.

1) Upload tools.php from your "do_not_upload" folder. This should go into your admincp directory.

2) Load this in your browser by going to: yourforums/admincp/tools.php

3) Enter your customer ID.

4) Click on Reset Cookie Path and Reset Cookie Domain.

5) Delete tools.php from your server.

6) See if you can login.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• aelous
      • May 2013

Originally posted by Lynne
      You need to reset your cookie path and cookie domain variables. These should not be set unless you have multiple vBulletin installations on the same domain name. You can reset these using tools.php.

Follow these steps.

1) Upload tools.php from your "do_not_upload" folder. This should go into your admincp directory.

2) Load this in your browser by going to: yourforums/admincp/tools.php

3) Enter your customer ID.

4) Click on Reset Cookie Path and Reset Cookie Domain.

5) Delete tools.php from your server.

6) See if you can login.
      That worked, thanks again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...