X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • setishock
    • Jun 2005
    • 4.2.x

[Forum] <RSS> How do you disable More

My rss setup is working great. The little bugger runs out and snags feeds and posts them with no problems.
    However...
    It posts a tickler so to speak then at the bottom is a link labeled more that when clicked takes you to the source of the feed. What I 'd like to find out is there a way to make it snag the whole article? The feeds I'm using are short news blurps. I don't think it work take up that much space to post the whole thing.
    Any ideas?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Take a look at the feed itself and see if the whole article is there to grab. If they don't send out the whole article in the feed, then no, you cannot grab the whole article.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Ace
      • Apr 2004
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by setishock
      What I 'd like to find out is there a way to make it snag the whole article? The feeds I'm using are short news blurps. I don't think it work take up that much space to post the whole thing.
      Any ideas?
      Taking more than an RSS feed provides is called scraping, and is theft of another's content.

The only place I know of that puts the entire article into the RSS is mashable.com.

To disable the "More..." link, edit the RSS feed in RSS Manager and delete it, but that's not really what you are asking for.
      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• setishock
        • Jun 2005
        • 4.2.x

OK so better off keeping the bird in hand than running afoul of the game warden...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...