Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • john2k
    • Jul 2000

[Forum] Showgroups Cache?

After moving a supermod up to admin they are still displayed on the showgroups page as being a supermod.

From what I've read here in the forums, it seems that this page is cached and updates once every 3 hours. That's fine but the confusing part is how to rebuild the cache manually.

Apparently, rebuilding the showgroups page cache requires enabling the vB CMS system then using the 'Clear CMS Cache' option. I guess it's good that this works as an option, but it doesn't make much sense (since the showgroups page is part of the forum, not the CMS) and also seems bad to require enabling an unused product in order to clear the cache. I'd rather not have to enable the CMS, since it's still filled with the vB default data and would be confusing for members to see that, in order to update the showgroups page cache.

I'm going to wait and let the system update the showgroups page automatically. This thread/post is just to report the lack of usability / lack of intuitiveness in regards to how the manual cache update works for the showgroups page.
    ...john2k...
  • Riasat
    • Aug 2006

Where did you read that? I have never faced such issue.

Did you removed the super mod's super mod group and added admin or just added admin?

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

The clear cache feature is just a link in the cms menu. We use the cache table for a large number of things, but primarly the cms.

You can control the showgroups cache times in the AdminCP > Settings > Options > Server Settings and Optimization Options > Forum Leaders Cache

It defaults to 180 min.
      Last edited by Zachery; Tue 4 Oct '11, 1:52pm. Reason: didn't copy and paste the entire line

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

The clear cache option is being moved out from the CMS in v418 as its now being used in none CMS situations.
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...