Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nashy
    • Mar 2011

DB Schema

I'm wondering if this information is available to licence holders? We need to look at it before we start making changes if it is at all possible.
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

Originally posted by Nashy
    We need to look at it before we start making changes if it is at all possible.
    What changes are you planning to make?

Comment

• Nashy
      • Mar 2011

We're looking into custom addons for our site.

I'm not sure what this thing is, but one of our admins is a career SQL guy, so he asked if it was possible to see it.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

The schema is available in the MySQL-schema.php file in the install folder, but we don't have anything like an ERD. For the majority of the software (forums, blogs, but not the cms) the database schema should be very human readable. I believe the database is setup in such a way that data is de-normalized. If he needs specific help, or questions, it'd be better to ask for those, instead of a generic one.

You can also install a test board for him to play with, which would allow him to play with the database and its schema.

Comment

• Nashy
          • Mar 2011

Thanks very much for your help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...