X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DirtRider
    • Apr 2009
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Ignore Super Mod

How can I get it that my members can add a super mod to their ignore list. Right now it tells them that they cannot ignore user as he is an Admin/Super Mod. Basically I need to just desperate one member and one super mod as they really don't seem to get along.
  • DirtRider
    • Apr 2009
    • 4.2.X

Ok I found out how to do this thanks

Comment

• TLCTugger
      • Sep 2006
      • 3.7.x

I have two users who constantly bicker also. I think I'm going to reset their passwords, and then log in as each of them and place the other on their ignore list. Is there a handy way to mess with users' ignore lists in the current version of vBulletin? (we're on 3.7.2 or something).

Comment

• beishe8
        • Oct 2005
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by TLCTugger
        I think I'm going to reset their passwords, and then log in as each of them and place the other on their ignore list.
        Not recommended.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Riasat
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by TLCTugger
          I have two users who constantly bicker also. I think I'm going to reset their passwords, and then log in as each of them and place the other on their ignore list. Is there a handy way to mess with users' ignore lists in the current version of vBulletin? (we're on 3.7.2 or something).
          You should be careful while doing that. You might be breaking your local law.

As for forcefully adding two users to each others ignore list..not possible with default code. You will need some custom codes.

Comment

• DirtRider
            • Apr 2009
            • 4.2.X

The thing with the ignore option all it does it just hide the post and they still have the option to show that post so I cannot see this helping you at all. So it would be up to the user if they wanted to read the post by the other or not. In my case the actual user requested it but could not do it because of the way I had the permission setup. A mod you may want to look at would be this one VSa - Login To User Account. I have found this very handy as I am always needing to help members with different setting in their profiles or to test and see why stuff is not working for them. The only thing I really do not like about this mod is that you are also able to log in and read their PM's. I disabled this function in my install as I really don't agree with it

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...