Hostgator shut down my vbulletin site. Not sure how to make them happy.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • harbormaster
    • Nov 2003
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Hostgator shut down my vbulletin site. Not sure how to make them happy.

I received an email from a host gator admin with the following message:
    I apologize, but I was forced to suspend the scripts in /public_html/forums as they were causing a high load on the server, and due to it affecting all of the other accounts on the system, I was forced to take immediate action for the health of the server.

Unfortunately I do not have any specific recommendations for this script, however, in general, adding some sort of caching mechanism, where the script does not need to generate a new page with every request, helps to lower the over load that a script will cause. Likely the original author or support group of the software that you are using will be able to help you to understand how to add something of this nature.
    Now my site of 10 years has been down for 4 days. They gave my IP address access. I optimized everything that I knew to do. I have no add ons or plug ins running,
    Anyone have any ideas??? I am really dying here!!!
    Thanks
  • rexxxy
    • Feb 2010
    • 4.2.X

Your site might of out grown a shared host and you might consider moving up to a vps service

Comment

• snakes1100
      • Aug 2001

Its time to find a new host, screw hostgator, just another typical host that tries to screw their clients out of money, they over sell their vhost servers, then screw customers like this, id never do that to a customer.
      Gentoo Geek

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...