Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZelleZ
    • Aug 2011

[Forum] How do I auto re-size my logo/header

Where would I find in vBulletin to set my logo/header to auto re-size the width? I heard this could be done within the cpanel somewhere. I'm just trying to get my logo header to automatically resize its self to any screen resolution just as this forum's header does. Mine looks out of whack on different computers -- too wide and too narrow on some.

Thanks.
    ZelleZ
  • ZelleZ
    • Aug 2011

Anyone?
    ZelleZ

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Build custom html and graphics to have it auto-resize. This is not a question with an easy answer.

Comment

• ZelleZ
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Zachery
        Build custom html and graphics to have it auto-resize. This is not a question with an easy answer.
        Okay. I don't know how to do that. The big question is how are other forums, using vBulletin, doing this -- to include this vBulletin forum? I can log into this forum on any computer and the vBulletin header at the top adjusts to every resolution -- at least as far as I've seen. That's all I want to do. How does vBulletin, and all other forums using this software, accomplish this? If vBulletin and other forums are building a custom html to auto re-size how are they doing it?

Wayne, you have been very helpful but I'm a little perturbed that vBulletin does not have some kind of auto re-sizing functionality built into the program. If I put the URL in the "title image" area vBulletin should automatically adjust that image to fit any screen resolution. I'm getting frustrated (as you can tell) that I am getting different answers to a fairly simple and common functionality issue of building a forum. It can't be this complicated. Again, I have to ask, how does vBulletin do this with their own header at the top (see the attached example - what is circled is the area of what I'm talking about)? I really need to get this to work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	3685452
        Last edited by ZelleZ; Sun 25 Sep '11, 11:14am.
        ZelleZ

Comment

• ZelleZ
          • Aug 2011

Copy of the above post. Deleted it for this reason.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ZelleZ; Sun 25 Sep '11, 11:16am.
          ZelleZ

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

They're building their own custom html and graphics to do it.

We just use a tiny logo.

Comment

• ZelleZ
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Zachery
              They're building their own custom html and graphics to do it.

We just use a tiny logo.
              Got it. Can you direct me to where I can find out how to do this, please? I've attached a screen shot of my forum header. As you can see, on my computer I am getting a blank blue area to the right where the image just isn't wide enough to cover the full header area. On another computer I have, the image is too wide in that it hangs over the header area -- it's too long. Any suggestions how to fix this? Not just from Wayne, but anybody here on the forum who's done this? Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	3685454
              ZelleZ

Comment

• TheNewOne
                • Aug 2011

edit logo make it smaller

Comment