X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MistyMeanor
    • May 2003
    • 4.2.X

Certain amount of posts access

Is there a way to set registered members to have to have a certain amount of posts before they are allowed to post in one area of my forum?
  • snakes1100
    • Aug 2001

Yes, you can use the promotion system in vb or use cyb's permissions hack you can find at the vbulletin.org
    Gentoo Geek

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

To expand on using the promotions system, in this case...

Create a new usergroup in your Admin CP, lets say it is called "Special Users" - base it off Registered Users

Using Forum Permissions in the Admin CP make sure Registered Users cannot post on your special forum area. Make sure "Special Users" group can post.

Now in Admin CP -> Usergroups, setup a new promotion.

Promote users in Registered Users to Special Users (as a secondary/additional group) when they reach X posts.

Save.

Users who achieve that many posts will now automatically be promoted.

Note- the promotions don't happen instantly. They are controlled by a scheduled task so I believe it can take up to 1 hour for them to actually get promoted after meeting the requirements.

Comment

• MistyMeanor
        • May 2003
        • 4.2.X

Oh man... this helps so much! I am going to go in and follow the commands you gave me to the "Tee" and do this. I tinkered in promotions for a bit, but I just couldn't wrap my head around how to get it to work correctly and knew I would have to change usergroups and such. Thank you thank you!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...