X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MistyMeanor
    • May 2003
    • 4.2.X

Default Style with New Style Question

I have a new forum style/skin installed, and I deactivated the default, and also moved it down so it the hierarchy shows it below my new style. It still seems sometimes things get a little mixed up. If I delete the default totally, will it help with some of these issues? Also, am I risking anything by deleting the default? The new style works perfectly, but have run into some logo issues, and I am wondering if my hyperlinks are not showing correctly because the default is still on there... they are not highlighted in a different color.
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

That could be caused by your custom style. Is is 100% compatible with your version of vBulletin 4? I wouldn't delete the default style and ususally this will not harm the function of any custom style. Only when the custom style is broken at some part it can happen that the default theme is displaying part of the style. But that depends on your system.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

If you ever need the default style back it is easy to recreate-

To get the default style go to Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Add New Style and create a new style with no parent style. This will be the default style.

Comment

• MistyMeanor
        • May 2003
        • 4.2.X

Thank you Joe! So in other words, if I delete it... it's not like I just totally messed up my forum permanently or anything?

I can't find anything buggy or actually WRONG with the new skin... but was having trouble with the logo/header from the default showing in the new skin at first... now it's not showing at all and don't know why. But I am about to add a new logo/header anyway and I will add it to the NEW MY DEFAULT skin, and not the pre-set default, and if for some reason it gives me issues, I may delete the old default style.

Comment

• Hartmut
          • Nov 2007
          • 4.2.x

No, when deleting the default style you should not run into a mess when you have a custom style activated.
          No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• MistyMeanor
            • May 2003
            • 4.2.X

Great! Well, I ended up NOT having to delete the old default style. Was worried I would have logo issues, but got my new logo in place, on the new skin I have... and so far, so good... I am not having the old style pop up in any places.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...