Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jerit2012
    • May 2012

[Forum] Removing VBSEO

How to remove the VBSEO from my board. I have requested assistance from VBSEO and there is no response from past 1 week.

Required to remove the VBSEO and also required to change the htaccess.

My host informed me that someone is attacking my board and below are their comments:
    Code:
    [COLOR=#555555][FONT=Arial]The attack on your server is exploiting your php application:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#555555][FONT=Arial]It appears they were attacking vbseo.php[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#555555][FONT=Arial]This is distinct from a ddos, which is an attempt to disrupt an IP or a server by flooding it with false traffic. We do not provide security to stop application exploits such as this.. Several solutions are available to you:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#555555][FONT=Arial]1) review the security of your PHP application. Consider updating or installing specific security patches[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#555555][FONT=Arial]3) disable the application until you can patch or otherwise resolve the exploit[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#555555][FONT=Arial]I recommend giving full consideration to the suggestions I have provided you.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Please help me to remove the vbseo from my board
    Last edited by jerit2012; Sun 16 Jun '13, 12:15am.
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

Disable the vBSEO product under AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products and then uninstall it. Afterwards remove all files that belong to vBSEO from your server, including the .htaccess file which comes from vBSEO.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• jerit2012
      • May 2012

How to find out the all files related to vbseo from server and also how to amend the .htaccess lines after removing the vbseo

Comment

• Hartmut
        • Nov 2007
        • 4.2.x

Check the vBSEO file package in order to see which files belong to that product. Also only delete the lines from htaccess which belong to vBSEO, have a look at their original htaccess file for this.
        No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• demojames
          • Aug 2005

I haven't done this method, yet. But this was pointed out to me once before: http://www.vbseo.com/blogs/mert-goek...all-vbseo-238/

Make sure you make a backup everything first!
          Demolition Forum - Forum Blog - Personal Blog

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
            • Sep 2008

Also, once removed make sure you setup your URL's correctly, you can still do mod rewrite etc but will need to enable this in the admincp (and upload the .htaccess file from the vbulletin.zip) via:

AdminCP > Settings > Options > Friendly URL's
            Top option: URL Type set to what you like, if mod rewrite upload that .htaccess I mentioned above ^.

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention is, now that you've removed vBSEO unless you use mod rewrite url's in vBulletin AND attempt to rewrite all the old vbseo url heirarchy types to vBulletin it is going to take a little time for Google and other search engines to re-index your site. You should refer to the blog post comments 1031 and 1032 for a hint on how to achieve this i.e. "reverting" in a sense but still having the url's parsed correctly to avoid re-indexing best as possible.
            Last edited by TheLastSuperman; Mon 17 Jun '13, 6:59am. Reason: Adding more info to help OP.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
            Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
            Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• puertoblack2003
              • Aug 2005
              • 6.X

Originally posted by demojames
              I haven't done this method, yet. But this was pointed out to me once before: http://www.vbseo.com/blogs/mert-goek...all-vbseo-238/

Make sure you make a backup everything first!
              there hasn't been any support at vbseo since mert left and it's been a long time.since then i removed vbseo using this method,http://www.vbseo.com/blogs/mert-goek...all-vbseo-238/ i lost my ranking for a bit but went back after a few weeks.

good luck

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...