X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • n.stanley
    • May 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Facebook Registration buggy and differs greatly between browsers

Trying to set up Facebook Registration. I find that it's incredibly buggy and is sometimes hidden depending on the browser.

On Internet Explorer and in Firefox on a PC, the Connect button doesn't do anything, just sends you to the home page. On the Registration page, the #fbregbox div (contains "Connect with Facebook") is given a "hidden" class for some reason. It's as though vBulletin is detecting the browser and hiding the ability to register through Facebook accordingly. This is not theme-related, it happens in the default theme too.

On Safari and Chrome on a PC, the Connect Connect with Facebook buttons are visible.

On Firefox, Safari and Chrome on a MAC, the buttons work fine, although I was initially getting PHP error messages in Firefox when I enabled Facebook Registration.
    ...am now getting these errors again:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Function spl_autoload_call() hasn't defined the class it was called for in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5698) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

-----

I've noticed the same issues aren't present through these processes on vbulltin.com/forum. Although I've also noticed that the #fbregbox div isn't given a hidden class either. Is this just an issue with vBulletin 4? Because it seems resolved for vBulletin 5.
    Last edited by n.stanley; Sat 15 Jun '13, 10:53pm.
  • GasMan320
    • May 2006
    • 4.2.X

I am having the same issue. Facebook Connect button shows up on every page besides the main forumhome page in Chrome. For some reason it is given the class="hidden" on the main page but it works properly on any other page (thread, subforum, user profile).

Does anyone have a solution for this? I'm running 4.2.1.
    Location Import Error Fix For Facebook Connect Users

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

If you disable hooks, does it then work on ForumHome?

To disable the plugin/hook system open your config.php which can be found in your forumroot/includes directory

Just below
      Code:
      <?php
      enter
      Code:
      define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
      and save the file.

If you would like to enable the plugin/hook system again, either remove the line again or simply comment that line out. To do so, add two forward slashes " / " so it will look like

Code:
      // define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
      Next time you would like to disable the plugin/hook system again
      you simply have to remove the " // ".

Comment